1.    #1  
    I'm trying to report a bug in the Outlook conduit (discussed separately in the Communications forum section) to P1. This what their e-mail support page says:

"palmOne email support is supplied only for ATT Wireless version of Treo 650 sold through ATT Wireless business channels. For email support for a Cingular-branded Treo 650, please login to the Cingular website in order to locate the Cingular email support form."

Cingular will be clueless about hotsync and conduit (written by P1 !!) issues. Heck, they barely know what's going on with Cingular!!

Why would P1 wash their hands off of issues that have nothing to do with the phone part of the device?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Why would P1 wash their hands off of issues that have nothing to do with the phone part of the device?
    Not providing support saves money... Make Wall Street happy, screw customers is business today.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Perhaps that's the way Cingular wanted it? We don't know the exact terms of the contract between Cingular and P1.
  4.    #4  
    It's still a bad idea on P1's part. We know that Cingular can't provide any support for the PDA part of Treo 650. So, problems => unhappy customers => spoiled reputation for Palm.

I wonder what Cingular's solution to every problem will be .. hard reset? (sort of like the PC tech support guys telling "format the hard drive").
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I've recently found out that PalmOne's customer support is simply terrible. I will never talk about SPCS again, as they are fantastic compared to P1.....
    Bok
    you have to go thru cingular to get support from palm 1, call cingular then they can transfer the call to palm1 if the issue is not gprs related
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the info.

I wish there was a direct access to P1 through e-mail for Cingular Treo 650 owners. It is much easier to explain the problem (with screen captures etc) that way than over the telephone.

I did e-mail P1, fibbing that I had an ATT unit. The problem is with their Outlook Conduit, so maybe they'll add it to the fixes for the next release of the conduit..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I believe you may be selling Cingular short. While I can't say that there Tech support is better than anybody else - most are pretty lame especially if it is not a textbook type problem but I did call them on an issue that was palm related regarding security and they did a good job of showing how to do it and how it works - so they do know more than their system.