1.    #1  
    have a treo 600 on sprint; beginning about a month ago started freezing -- ie, after call over, click on end, it wouldnt end the call, screen stayed as if still on call

today it would dial, then not connect, but say 'no service' while meter showed 4 bars of signal, and the 'no service' would go away, and again, tried dialing, same thing would happen

after soft reset same thing would happen

same thing happening even after hard reset

appreciate any thought, suggestions

tom
    My Cingular Treo 600 is over a year old and is prone to freezing up. Lately it has also been freezing up more frequently. When it freezes up none of the buttons or touchscreen respond for several minutes. This happens in various applications. The only thing I can do is either wait it out or do a soft reset.
    Check your battery. Do not charge the phone for 24hrs and leave it in standby mode with wireless off. If the battery drains less than 75% it is the battery weak. If not, ????
    webcommuner,

Me too! Over the last few days my phone will show 2 bars but as soon as I call, it goes to No Service for a few seconds then back to 2 bars. I can't receive calls, they go straight to vmail.

This happens when I'm at home (Walnut Creek, CA) but not when I'm at work (Emeryville, CA). I called Sprint about the problem and they claim it's an issue with the towers near my home. However my wife has a T600 and has no problems.

Questions:
    1. Where are you located?
    2. What hardware version is your phone? (Mine is rev B)
    3. What is your firmware version? (I have 1.20-SPR)
    4. What is your PRL revision? (Mine is 10026)

(You can find answers to 2-4 by bringing up the Info menu in the Phone app)

Thanks.
    I encountered the same problem after having my Sprint Treo 600 for about 14 months. The problem was solved by replacing the batttery. I purchased the battery from www.pdaparts.com. My phone has worked well since replacing the battery about 4 months ago. Perform a search for "battery replacement", and you will receive a great deal of information on this subject.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I had the same problems and after calling tech support at Sprint I performed a hard reset and after nothing improved I was advised to take it inot a Sprint store. They replaced it with a refurished model and, four months later, I haven't had a problem since.
    Quote Originally Posted by webcommuner
    have a treo 600 on sprint; beginning about a month ago started freezing -- ie, after call over, click on end, it wouldnt end the call, screen stayed as if still on call

today it would dial, then not connect, but say 'no service' while meter showed 4 bars of signal, and the 'no service' would go away, and again, tried dialing, same thing would happen

after soft reset same thing would happen

same thing happening even after hard reset

appreciate any thought, suggestions

tom
    This is one of the first signs/symptoms of the ever feared "network search!" Have your phone swapped cause the problem is only going to increase.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Folks, thanks for your input.

otaylor, I think you hit the nail on the head. This morning, I was unable to send/receive calls from home. I plugged my phone into the charger and hey presto! everything worked fine. Unplugged charger and the problems re-occurred. After doing this a few times, I was convinced.

At home I only get 1-2 bars. At work I get 4. I assume that the extra power needed to connect reliably at 1-2 bars just isn't in my old battery's capability. I've had my phone for 19 months so I guess it's high time to replace the battery.

Thanks again for your help. I'm ordering a replacement battery...
    thank god for this board, i was about to cancel sprint and go to another carrier... ive also been running into the no service issue, but i just tested it when connected to my laptop and every call goes thru... i take it out and it fails consistently...

thanks for the tips, ill look into replacing the battery...
    you can also find the batteries on ebay for cheaper than the online pda parts stores...