Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I have a problem with my network service (Sprint Vision) not connecting after it's been on for a while. I can be using it all day, then as it gets towards the end of the day, the service disconnects for whatever reason, but then it won't reconnect. It sits there with the connection dialog box saying that it's connecting for a very long time, then after it has tried for a while it tells me that it was unsuccessful, and asks me if i want to try again. Try as long as I want, the only thing that seems to fix it is a soft reset. Recently this seems to be happen pretty much every day. Could be something that's associated with the 1.08 update, because I didn't notice this problem before. But it also could be a problem because of something else? I only notice the problem when the phone has been on for quite a few hours.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Jacob H.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have the same problem on my treo 650 with Sprint. I can reconnect by turning the phone radio off and then back on. This feels a little faster than a soft reset. I had the problem before 1.08. It is an annoying problem. It happens enough that I put the preferences icon in my mail folder so I can connect before starting blazer (preferences-network). Unfortunately blazer will try multiple times and it takes forever to time out. I also tend to have blazer bring up bookmarks first due to the same problem.

I am wondering if the problem is caused by the phone temporarily leaving sprint service with the internet enabled.

Scott
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I had a typo error.

I put the preferences icon in my main folder (not mail folder).
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Try unchecking digital roaming and see if that helps.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    Try unchecking digital roaming and see if that helps.
    Digital roaming was already disabled for me... any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Jacob
    Is your blazer cache emptying on exit? Sometimes when the cache gets full, Blazer kicks me off and resets. I finally had to set "empty on exit" and empty it manually if I'm on for a long time.

I also put my blazer bookmarks in my phone bookmarks so I can access any of my favorite web pages without going to my "last visited page" or default page. Sometimes hitting a specific bookmark will connect when "option + phone" doesn't. I know...very strange.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Happens often (several times a day) to me. Scotts comment above "I am wondering if the problem is caused by the phone temporarily leaving sprint service with the internet enabled." may be right as I have GoodLink which, I think, means that the equivalent of the internet is always enabled.

It also seems to happen every time I go to roam and back. Which, given the lousy sprint coverage in chicago, happens several times within a ten mile drive within the city limits.

Only way to resolve it is a soft reset.
    samething happens to me but the power button turning the radio off then on is a lot easier then a soft reset it then reconects

Fred