Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone have this problem? I am always hanging up on people because my cheek hits the touch screen during a call. I never had this problem with my T600. Is there something I can do about this?
    Main Page

Prefs>General>Keyguard

Disable touch screen when:
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Don't sit on your phone.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Once you get a Bluetooth headset you'll never want to put the Treo near your face again.

Besides, even without hanging up on people your face gets the screen all messy .

Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Don't sit on your phone.
    HAHAHA!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Don't sit on your phone.
  6.    #6  
    Found it under system preferences. Thanks.
    Is there any way to turn that *off* while you're in a call and *need* to use the touchscreen for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Is there any way to turn that *off* while you're in a call and *need* to use the touchscreen for some reason?
    Butler can do this... check it out Joe
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Wasn't butler one of the notoriously buggy programs for the 650 a while ago? Is it pretty stable now?

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    LOL yes I had that problem too, always annoy me when I put the phone up in my ears then there is the silence and the people on the other side calls back and ask am I mad or what lol.

After I got the Krusell Custom fit it solved that problem since the clear plastic actually covers the screen and left a small space between the screen and the plastic, although sometimes it make the screen hard to touch but I don't want no scratch on my 650 and I can hang my 650 on my belt and get people ask "is that a phone!?!" lol.
    I can't figure out why they don't put the microphone and speaker on the back of the phone, so when you're using it, the screen is away from your face. It would stay cleaner, and you wouldn't press the screen inadvertently.
    Then you couldn't see who you were talking to........ AND you'd still hit the screen with the palm of your hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by pi314
    I can't figure out why they don't put the microphone and speaker on the back of the phone, so when you're using it, the screen is away from your face. It would stay cleaner, and you wouldn't press the screen inadvertently.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Then you couldn't see who you were talking to.
    But you could take some spiffy pictures of ear wax and hairs!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Unless you need to use the stylus on the "call screen", you should be OK. I don't have any problems switching to other programs and using the touchscreen during a call. I did this on my 600 also. I always just assumed it was one of the intuitive functions they actually got right!
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    But you could take some spiffy pictures of ear wax and hairs!!
    Great, now my lunch which I just finished is now back on the table again. IIEWWWW
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    Unless you need to use the stylus on the "call screen", you should be OK. I don't have any problems switching to other programs and using the touchscreen during a call. I did this on my 600 also. I always just assumed it was one of the intuitive functions they actually got right!
    oh didn't know it worked like that...... just figd the touchscreen got turned off until the call was over.

Thx for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Then you couldn't see who you were talking to........ AND you'd still hit the screen with the palm of your hand.
    You're confusing your eye with your ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by pi314

You know, maybe we are all using the phone backwards. The speaker is on the back, the mic is on the bottom, so maybe one should talk with the screen facing out. Problem solved!
    so how would you get a call waiting call or change to speaker phone if you have touchpad disabled and don't want to buy butler b/c you don't need the other butler things
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmdieter
    so how would you get a call waiting call or change to speaker phone if you have touchpad disabled and don't want to buy butler b/c you don't need the other butler things
    Use the 5-way.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast