1.    #1  
    the rom update is not yet released, but when it does release for attws / cingular treo 650's, will i need to re-enter my unlock code? or will the device remain unlocked?

thanks
    Cingular Blue
    Treo 650 (now unlocked)
    Firmware: 1.05
    Current Software: Treo650-1.04-CNB
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    In general, a phone that has been hacked to unlock it will revert to beong locked when a factory firmware update is applied. If you have a real, working unlock code, once you use it, the phone should stay unlocked forever. I believe this is the case with Treos. The hacked 600s do relock after a firmware update.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by va2004abc
    the rom update is not yet released, but when it does release for attws / cingular treo 650's, will i need to re-enter my unlock code? or will the device remain unlocked?

thanks

Hmm, I'm confused [yeah, no surprise there!]. I thought the only phone you couldn't get an unlock code for was the ATTWS version. Has it been done?
    I was told repeatedly (at least 6 times) that ATT could not unlock the phone. I then told them that I wanted to return it because they would not unlock it (prior to my 30 day trial period) and suddenly they could unlock it.

It can be done if you do it before your 30 days, but I don't think they will do it once you have no option to return it. They were ubelievably, uncooperative.
    I got the umock code for my AT&T (now Cingular) Treo 650 from a Cingular rep after explaining my need to travel to Europe. I got the unlock code quickly and without any hassles. Then again I've been a customer for ten years or so and they could easily see that I have used the phone often in other countries.
    I then told them that I wanted to return it because they would not unlock it (prior to my 30 day trial period) and suddenly they could unlock it.
    That is exactly how I got my unlock code. Told them I'm returning the phone if I didn't get it. Far less than 24 hours, it arrived by email.
    Quote Originally Posted by emuyshondt
    I got the umock code for my AT&T (now Cingular) Treo 650 from a Cingular rep after explaining my need to travel to Europe. I got the unlock code quickly and without any hassles. Then again I've been a customer for ten years or so and they could easily see that I have used the phone often in other countries.

Very interesting. Thanks!