1.    #1  
    Is it really necessary to tell everyone that you just got your update notification via SMS? These forums are already full of cruft without there being a need to add more. It is clearly obvious that people have been discussing the update for weeks. It's also logical that Sprint/PalmOne wouldn't send out the announcement to everyone all at once. There is no need to tell everyone at this point.

I'll end with a "short" rant. :-) For all you newbies to the Treo 650, please please please read the "furnished" manual (RTFM). I think it is great that there is a community of people, with varying degrees of technical savvy, and most are very willing to help others. But I have to say, as someone who can truly admit that he is a power user, but still admit that he doesn't know everything, that it is frustrating to see the same thing being asked over and over again.

I personally think that responding with "search the forum" is a crappy response, but really that is where anyone should start. From there, ask a question and maybe elaborate on the problem if you can. I try to answer questions when I know the answer, and try to do so with as much detail as I can provide. Most people don't seem to follow up with a, "Thanks that's what I needed," or, "That fixed it," and that's fine. I'm glad to help where I can. I'm also certainly no authority when it comes to the 650 or how these forums are run. Even though I already knew I was going to get a 650, it was very helpful to sift through the cruft to find the useful. Cruft can be good in certain instances too.

Anyway, I'll end there. I just thought I'd rant for a moment.

-Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdeckard
    Is it really necessary to tell everyone that you just got your update notification via SMS?
    Probably just as necessary as it was to tell everyone that you didn't.

But you do have a point.

Oh by the way:

I NEVER GOT MY UPDATE NOTIFICATION!!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Looks like somebody needs their own forum, so they can run things how they think it should be done .
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Don't you love it when someone with 11 posts wants to come in and change how everything should be run?
    Got mine
  6.    #6  
    I have no intention of changing anything, though, I don't think your 41 posts is that many more than my measly 11 (now 12, hehe) compared to others. :-) But point taken. I'll shut my trap and put my waders on.

How's this for the title of my first book?

"Seven Excruciatingly Difficult Steps to Conquering the World...
    and a Simple One to get Flamed"

-Chris
    well see I didn't get one.....
    but that has more to do with GSM probably

the real news would be if I had gotten one!
    what's your number? I'll send you a text.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    nah this ex-75B PAC guy will run from that.....
    Chris -

Sorry, I don't agree-
    1- Your post was just as useless if not more usless then the first (not trying to be rude, just IMO)
    2- Your Rant was proabbly inappropiate for a farily new member (even a lurker). Some "Cruft" may have been a betterr choice.
    3- While the thread was not that mindblowing, I do not recall seeing many like it, just a post or two within a thread mentioing the absensce of a text message.

Insertion - please sned me that text message. I posted in the prior thread in question -still havn't gotten my sms - boo, hoo
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.