1.    #1  
    Hey All,
    My CEO loves his Treo 650 but we are having some problems getting his pop account from Road Runner up and running using Versamail. Any FAQS specifically for RR you can point me to?

Thanks!
    Can he send, but not receive? I have the same problem, something to do with the cable company not wanting you to be able to send email without being connected. There are some 3rd party apps like Chattermail that with the proper configuration will work. I gave up but you can probably do a search and find out what you need. My RR account is personal email and nothing important goes there.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    It's actually the other way around, you can access pop BUT not use their SMTP due to relaying is prohibited. You could use the SMTP server of the wireless company, e.g. TMo's SMTP is myemail.t-mobile.com
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Exactly right sclui56, it's all about the SMTP forwarding. I ended up using the SprintPCS SMTP server, but the Yahoo SMTP server also works if you pay the yearly fee for pop access. Remember that when you set it up like this you have to set up SMTP authentication under the advanced settings in versamail and enter your account info for whatever SMTP server you use.
    Arsman, can you be more specific, i.e., exact settings? Thanks.
    Arsman, forget it. My outgoing is now up and running.

Here is my fix. In versamail, hit menu, choose account setup, edit your existing account, go to advanced settings for your outgoing server, check authenticate, type in your ENTIRE email address (not just your user name), retype your password and accept all changes.

I'm not sure if Roadrunner is the same as my dsl, but I hope this works for you.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks I will let you know.
    I have TWC RoadRunner and can POP/SMTP my RR account with Versamail. I simply have the same information entered in Versamail as I do in Outlook.
    AddictedToTech -- I am also a TWC RoadRunner user. I have always been able to POP to my RR account on VersaMail, but never to SMTP. My settings are the same as my Outlook settings, but I get the RELAY error message when trying to send a message. How did you overcome this issue? What are your SMTP settings? Thanks.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nycboybj
    AddictedToTech -- I am also a TWC RoadRunner user. I have always been able to POP to my RR account on VersaMail, but never to SMTP. My settings are the same as my Outlook settings, but I get the RELAY error message when trying to send a message. How did you overcome this issue? What are your SMTP settings? Thanks.
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by nycboybj
    Change the outgoing SMTP server to the server used by your carrier.

For Cingular, use

cwmx.com
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A