1.    #1  
    Its only like a week late! But yeah, I remember someone on here complaining that Sprint didnt send all the 650 owners the information about the update, maybe it was just a matter of time?

Here is what my SMS said if anyone cares:

Date: 4/6/05 3:08pm

From your PC, go to www.palmone.com/us/support/sprintup05 for a Treo 650 update if you have not already done so.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Got mine today also. I guess they didn't get the memo....
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Well Microsoft only sends notification of their updates once a month. So they could release something weeks before sending an e-mail to their notification list.

Not to mention they knew as soon as it was posted that early adaptors would flock to the site to download. So now that the "rush" has passed a bit they probably can move forward with sending notifications periodically so their servers are not flooded.
    Just got mine today.

6 days after the first mention someone made here of getting it.
    Whooo-hooo!!!! 4/12/05 @9:02!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Whooo-hooo!!!! (part deux) 4/12/05 @12:36!!!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    and just to make sure. 4/12/05 @ 14:29

Make it stop!!

I got a 2nd one an hour or 2 ago.
    You received 3 - I received 0. Palm must like you more than me.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    all 80 of my users received 3....way to go Sprint!
    I'm not like at all. I still have not received one. I have been with them for 9 years.
    I've not received any.
    Got mine today - buy hey, only a few WEEKS after I completed the update......
    Unless they send it along with another $100 Handango coupon, I no longer care. I'm upgraded and (almost) happy with it.

Oh, double woo-hoo. Today, my IT dept announced "after extensive testing and qualification they now support the Treo650" 5 months after I got mine. Yawn. Given their history, I have no idea how they define extensive, testing, qualification, or support when they don't understand phrases like "answer the phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I've not received any.
    I guess maybe these are like Gmail invites. I've got a few extra texts, I'll give you one.

Put me with the folks who got 3 notifications yesterday.
    Pavehawk? Is that a Helo reference?

Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Unless they send it along with another $100 Handango coupon, I no longer care. I'm upgraded and (almost) happy with it.
    Sprint must read this stuff because I finally got my sms a minute ago. Then again, maybe they don't because they didn't send another coupon.
    Last edited by tomvb2000; 04/13/2005 at 10:54 AM. Reason: close the quote