1.    #1  
    I know this is going to sound stupid, but how can I shutdown my Treo 600?
    Quote Originally Posted by aref7927
    I know this is going to sound stupid, but how can I shutdown my Treo 600?
    Long of the short of it is: You can't.

You can only turn off the screen. To shut it off completely, you must remove/run down the battery.
  3.    #3  
    and is there a possibility of losing my data if i run down the battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by aref7927
    and is there a possibility of losing my data if i run down the battery?
    Yes.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Perhaps if we knew why you wanted to switch off the treo600 we could give some better advice.
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    Do you really want to shut the entire device down? Or do you just want to turn off the phone? No Palm device is ever truly off, unless you can remove the battery. It always stays active in the background so that it can process alarms and such.

You can turn the phone off by holding down the top power switch for several seconds.

If you're going to be away from the treo for an extended time, and the battery may run down, just make sure you do a hotsync before you leave to back up all your data. When you get back you can charge it up and restore your data. HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    aref- I was thinking the same thing! I now realize there are only two options-- wireless mode ON and wireless mode OFF. Not so intuitive if you're coming from a plain jane kind of phone (like myself).

So, anyone know how to disconnect from the internet connection when you're in mail and have finished sending/receiving mail? This is my latest dilemma and I've been going into the web browser and using the menu option in there. I KNOW that can't be right...
    What are you using for mail? I know Snapper has a disconnect in its menu.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Prefs / network / disconnect
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Prefs / network / disconnect
    Meyer, I love your simplied responses! Short and DIRECTLY to the point!
    ~ ScandaLous ~