1.    #1  
    I'm looking at the Shadowmite custom Welcome/Goodbye screens but can't figure out a few things.

First: There's just a single .prc file for each. When installed do they automatically overwrite the default (Sprint for me) splash screens, or do I have to run them and/or delete a file that's already on my 650?

Second: They also mention turnion on all options (## codes, etc.). What does that mean for me and is there anything that I'll have to turn back off to get normal operation out of my 650?

Ivory...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory
    I'm looking at the Shadowmite custom Welcome/Goodbye screens but can't figure out a few things.

First: There's just a single .prc file for each. When installed do they automatically overwrite the default (Sprint for me) splash screens, or do I have to run them and/or delete a file that's already on my 650?

Second: They also mention turnion on all options (## codes, etc.). What does that mean for me and is there anything that I'll have to turn back off to get normal operation out of my 650?

Ivory...
    By copying in to your RAM, it will run instead of the ROM loaded file. Some people have chosen to include the new .prc in ROM and eliminate the stock file.

The codes are used to find data about your phone, configuration, etc. You can find a list of known codes on www.Shadowmite.com as a sticky thread. I imagine if you did a search here you may find the same.

If you copy the .prc file to RAM, you can "go back to normal operation" by deleting the file.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    By copying in to your RAM, it will run instead of the ROM loaded file.
    Thanks for the help. I figured that's the way it worked but Shadowmite files aren't the kind to just "try and see" and I didn't see any instructions/readme files on his site. Just the .prc for download.

Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    The codes are used to find data about your phone, configuration, etc. You can find a list of known codes on www.Shadowmite.com as a sticky thread. I imagine if you did a search here you may find the same.

If you copy the .prc file to RAM, you can "go back to normal operation" by deleting the file.
    Yup, I found the list of ## Codes there already, but wasn't sure which of them were normally enabled or locked down. If I load the Shadowmite splash screens but don't enter any of the ## codes myself then the phone will behave exactly as it does now?

Ivory...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory

Yup, I found the list of ## Codes there already, but wasn't sure which of them were normally enabled or locked down. If I load the Shadowmite splash screens but don't enter any of the ## codes myself then the phone will behave exactly as it does now?

Ivory...
    That is correct