I have read through dozens of threads on WebPro and although I have found some people with the same problem I have not found anyone with a solution and I would apprecaite any help because tech support on WebPro seems to be non-existent.

I have a Treo 600, Snapper Mail and WebPro version 3.01c. set up as my default browser. When I was using the trial version of WebPro everything was fine but when I installed the licensed version, and I click on a link in an email, I get "You are not authorized to use this application." (This is not a problem with Blazer - it just takes forever to load the page!)

I have reinstalled both Snapper and WebPro with no improvement. I posted a thread on the problem a while back and someone gave me a patch which miraculously solved the problem - However, suddenly images were not appearing or they were appearing all smooshed. Since one regular use of my phone is to check mail on Mail2pda, and it uses one of those security graphic codes that you have to type in, I was out of luck since I could not see the code.

I have read about WebPro 3.0 and 3.5 and patches and what works on the Treo 600 and what works on the 650 and quite frankly I am totally confused.

Is there a solution to the "not authorized to use this application" problem that does not screw up graphics on WebPro 3.0?

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!