1. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    When my Jabra died last month (old one - used with a dongle on my 600), I went to RS and got one of the $49 Moto 820's. OK sound quality with BT Mute and fine with the 1.08 firmware.

OK, so here is the question:

What functionality would I gain with the Treo headset? I currently have to dial the phone and then activate the headset although incoming calls do ring in the headset and can be answered from there.

Does the Treo connect up automatically on outgoing calls as well as incoming calls?

Anything else the Treo can do (aside from using the charger - man, did P1 screw up there-they missed a golden opportunity to suck more money out of consumers...)

I can give the Moto to my sister as she just got a new BT Blackberry last week......
    Cheers

Charles
    Ceb,

First, check out this link http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=32162

Outbound calls go to the TWH (Treo Wireless Headset) if bluetooth is enabled.

Inbound calls can be answered on the headset or handset.... I use a Jabra ear gel which makes the fit more snug and increases the volume 100%. I used a Motorola HS-810 for about 1 month and found that this headset is lighter and is better integrated with the Treo... Hope this helps.

MM
    Cingular Treo 650 (Unlocked?!?)
    Firmware 01.51 Software Treo650-1.17-CNG H/W A
    Treo Wireless Headset - Apple Ti15 OSX 10.3.9
    Palm VII -> Motorola StarTAC -> Treo 600
  3. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Thanks. That answered my question.
    Cheers

Charles