1.    #1  
    Has anyone done this yet?

I'm interested in knowing if the BlueTooth on the Treo 650 will bond okay to a Dell Axim X50v. (Or if there's been any Ipaqs/Palm PDAs that will bond)

Reason for asking? Maybe crazy .. but I use my Axim X50v to browse the web etc... do some tasks and it works great. I don't have a 650 yet but my 600 wouldn't work as well. If the 650 works close/same as my 600 -- I'd still have to use my Axim.

So, I'd like to use the 650 connect to X50v using bluetooth so I can get on the web.

I've searched but I have not found any discussions on this.

Anyone?? thanks.
  2. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I have successfully used BT Dun to surf the web on my iPaq h4705 using the GPRS on the Treo 650. I have an unlocked GSM Treo. I am using Cingular service. Not sure which version of the 650 you are getting or which service you have. Some of the versions of the 650 have BT Dun disabled.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info CEC ...

I was looking @ a Treo 650 using it on Cingular. For $150 more I could buy an unlocked but not sure if it's worth it or not. Maybe so...

but what you are doing or have tested is exactly what I was wanting to know. Guess I'll try to find out if the BT Dun is disabled...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cec
    I have successfully used BT Dun to surf the web on my iPaq h4705 using the GPRS on the Treo 650. I have an unlocked GSM Treo. I am using Cingular service. Not sure which version of the 650 you are getting or which service you have. Some of the versions of the 650 have BT Dun disabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by okie_tex
    Thanks for the info CEC ...

I was looking @ a Treo 650 using it on Cingular. For $150 more I could buy an unlocked but not sure if it's worth it or not. Maybe so...

but what you are doing or have tested is exactly what I was wanting to know. Guess I'll try to find out if the BT Dun is disabled...

Thanks!
    I have paired my 650 with my friend's Axim... Works great... can even take photos with the 650 and BT send to the PPC..
    One thought for you... If you are planning to use the 650 as net connection/modem for your Axim, you should pony up for the Unlocked GSM, as the BT DUN is enabled whereas Cingular has disabled it.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Howie. I didn't know that so that is exactly what I was wanting to know...

many thanks!
    Can you walk me through the exact steps that you took to pair your T650 to your PPC to be able to use Bt DUN to access the web? I assume it's through the "Settings" and then "Connections" menus.

TIA!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    OK, I'm successfully using my Treo650 as wireless Bt DUN modem for my PPC and my laptop!
    Isn't it somehow illegal/immoral to bond a Palm & PPC? Thought I saw that some states have laws against such things....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    OK, I'm successfully using my Treo650 as wireless Bt DUN modem for my PPC and my laptop!
    I'd like to be able to use DUN to link with my PPC iPAQ 4355 but need help with the settings. My Treo 650 is a P1 unlocked version and DUN can be enabled. If possible take me from there. I tried the PPC process I used with my Moto V600 but no joy!

TIA
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    eugarps,

My setup (CDMA 1xRTT on SprintPCS) is probably much different from the one you need. I'm assuming that your unlocked T650 is a GSM phone. Have you tried looking at this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73835
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Nope, I hadn't seen that one but I had searched. Thanks.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    CEC,

I just got a 4705 for a grad gift, do you think you can post how you connected the two? I've been messing with it for awhile now and can't get a connection going. It's working with my laptop okay but just not with the hx4705...

Thanks,
    Mike
    Whoops.. Sorry.. Found your other post which ironically was also posted in this thread.. For me, it was the phone number that was messing me up.
    I just updated to 1.12 rom on sprint treo 650. Works great on dell axim x50v and with laptop. This particular DUN stays connected and is about 2x dial up speed. Looks great on vga enabled dell axim x50v.