Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I was told the same thing by Stuart from Snapper, but I haven't even tried the beta - wanted to just wait until they fixed this release. Thanks for the info - now for sure I will wait!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I was told the same thing by Stuart at Snapper, but I haven't tried the beta, just wanted to wait until they fixed the latest release. Thanks for the info - now for sure I will wait!
    Hi guys,

I'm new to this board, and it's my first post. I have a Treo 650 by Sprint, and I recently downloaded the demo version of SnapperMail (2.1.1.01 Trial). I will tell you that it does in fact work well with my America On Line email account with the IMAP configuration. Regarding "push" mail, yes, SnapperMail does in fact alert me with new downloaded mail at a preset time period whenever I have new AOL mail. Is this what is meant by "push" mail I'm assuming?

I'm trying to figure out how to archive messages to my SD card, but don't know how. Maybe my demo version won't allow it. Also, my demo version can't even do simple things like delete emails. It simply strikes out the email with a line through it, but still remains in the inbox. I'm assuming the registered version will be able to delete emails, of course.

Other simple things I cannot figure out in the demo version is how to make my newest emails go to the top of the page. New emails seem to default to the very bottom of the page. Is it possible to make new mail appear at the top?

Also, is it possible to change the colors so that new unread emails can be in red/blue/purple? My VersaMail is able to change colors for different messages. Right now, all my emails in SnapperMail are the same color, which is green. New unread emails are only differentiated by the fact it's in bold and larger font. Old read emails are in regular font and un-bolded.

I have already paid for the Enterprise edition yesterday, which was around $62.50 by Handango.com. What peeves me a bit is that it takes up to 2 days for the author to email me the registered program directly. I cannot do anything to register my demo version, or even to download an unlocked version. I got an email from Handango.com that says I must wait for the company to email me the registered program. Did I mention I don't have much patience?

I'm hoping that SnapperMail (Enterprise Edition) will allow me to do useful things that my VersaMail cannot. My VersaMail actually works pretty well in conjunction with my AOL account, however, it keeps giving me failed/error messages when trying to automatically check and download for new emails. Whereas, the demo version of SnapperMail actually does work correctly in checking for new emails and alerting me at pre-determined times.

Lastly, the SnapperMail Enterprise Edition comes bundled with a couple other programs such as Splash Photo and Diddle Notepad (sp??). Are these useful programs? My Treo 650 is already down to 7MB free space, even after I've done the Sprint ROM Updater to free up more space.

If you guys have advice on how to better use my new SnapperMail, let me know.

-Casey
    Casey,
    Snappermail does a fine job of "Pull" email which pulls the email for you at pre-defined intervals which you configure inside the Snappermail preferences. It does not do "Push" email. Only ChatterEmail currently does this. Push email simply means that the email is pushed to your device the instant it hits your server. Not all email service providers are Push. For more information on Push email I would suggest you check out ChatterEmail at www.chatteremail.com. I use Chatter and love it.
    Hi Llynx,

Thanks for the explanation on pull/push email, as I didn't really know the meaning. As you can tell, I'm still learning all this stuff through trial and error...pain and suffering included! I've spent hours trying to figure out port numbers, smtp vs imap, and related stuff.

SnapperMail will be my 3rd email application I've tried in the short time I've had my Treo 650. I am also using VersaMail, Handango's AOL app, and the internet to log onto my email account(s). All of these applications are eating up what little memory space I have left.

What is the main advantage of Chattermail? Is it the real time "push" email feature? That simply means you will receive your new emails immediately without delay, right? How does Chattermail compare to VersaMail and SnapperMail? I'm started to get confused by all the choices.

For now, I'll be happy if SnapperMail can reliably alert me and automatically download new messages every 30 minutes or so. I don't really need instant real time delivery of my mail...at least not for the meantime.

Thanks, Casey
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Over at http://blogs.palmsource.com/devcon/ there is a interview with Jennifer Shelamer of SnapperMail (17 minutes, 3.0MB) She says that push e-mail is a top priority. She says she believes it will be rolled into version 2 but she doesn't have a time on it.

http://www.computeroutlookrts.com/mp...mSummit-07.mp3
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    i paid the $60 for snapper and i really dont know why :P, im in love with chatter (i admit i didnt give it enough time when i first tried it) and now that ive ben tusing chatter for about 2 weeks, and browse the forums here and chatteremail forums, i see how amazingly quick and responsive marc is to his customers, so like i have said in a different post i need to write the $60 for snapper off as a loss , and hurry up and register chatter.

Short Version: snapper = overpriced for such slow timing.
    It's been a top priority for them for the last six months.

I wonder how long it would take to get medium and low priority projects to get pushed across (no pun)

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    Over at http://blogs.palmsource.com/devcon/ there is a interview with Jennifer Shelamer of SnapperMail (17 minutes, 3.0MB) She says that push e-mail is a top priority. She says she believes it will be rolled into version 2 but she doesn't have a time on it.

http://www.computeroutlookrts.com/mp...mSummit-07.mp3
    Here's a feature I would just love, especially if it's not in the latest upgrade (though probably we'll have to wait):

AUTOMATIC archiving of e-mails to the SD card. According to the braintrust at SnapperFish Inc., this feature is not yet possible. (Sigh.) See post here:

Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 15:27:35 -0500
    Subject: Re: File Z & Transferring Snapper MsgContent DB to SD Card (Re: Corrupted DB?)
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SnapperMail/message/19181

When you copy the "Prefs" database from your 600 to your 650,
    it will set up the 650 with the same preferences and settings
    that the 600 currently has. You'll then just need to modify
    them to your liking on the 650.

Note .... currently, SnapperMail does not download directly
    to the SD card. All messages must be downloaded into main
    memory first. Then the message content archiving (only
    available in Premier and Enterprise Edition) can be set up
    to archive anything as "young" as 1 day or older.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ###
    I might of heard of a recent Beta version of Snapper, but can't seem to find it in the revision history:
    http://www.snappermail.com/support/history.cfm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12