1.    #1  
    You know the dongle that comes with the Treo 650? The one that allos it to be used with Sprint universal charges? Does anyone know if you can buy that someplace? I've got a customer that's lost one and he REALLY wants another. Thanks.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  2.    #2  
    No one knows anything about where I can direct this guy to replace this dongle? I don't see ANY mention of it on Palm's website. He doesn't want to buy a car charger because he has the iGo system I sold him, and his wife uses it for her Blackberry, as well as he uses it for his HS810 and some other items. He doesn't want another car charger "cluttering up" his Lexus. iGo doesn't have a tip for the 650 yet, or I'd sell him that. No one? This may mark a first, as I've never asked a question here before that wasn't answered.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I have two chargers, so I am looking to buy another one also.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    He is most like SOL if he doesn't want to buy a charger.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I'll sell him mine in trade for an equivalent car charger for the 650. It is currently the only device I use in my car, so I don't care if I'm using the universal with the pigtail or an actual 650 car charger.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    igo has a new tip that eliminates the need for the dongle. However, I have a dongle that I no longer need.
    I'll buy it from you for $2!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    let me know where to mail it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wink40
    igo has a new tip that eliminates the need for the dongle. However, I have a dongle that I no longer need.
    What new tip? I can't find it on the Radio Shack site.
  10. MMT
    I believe I saw one of these adapters (Sprint universal charger to Treo 650) at Fry's in San Marcos, California a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a Sprint customer so I didn't pay close attention; it may have been for a 600 rather than a 650, but they were selling 650s in the store. Just checked online with outpost.com (Fry's online presence) but nothing there. You can call the store directly (760) 566-1300; beware that Fry's workers are often clueless (no offense to any sharp Fry's employees out there :-). I think that the Sprint display is manned by Sprint employees, not Fry's people, so you might have luck asking to be transferred to them. The adapter I saw was next to the Sprint phone display.
    iGo has the Tip for the Treo 650. Its was highlighted on their web site. I also had to get a new 2nd device adapter to go with it. This power adapter was at Radio Shack for $15.

I find it strange that igo changed the adapter for the 2nd device. I used the old one for my Tungsten.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    iGo has the Tip for the Treo 650. Its was highlighted on their web site. I also had to get a new 2nd device adapter to go with it. This power adapter was at Radio Shack for $15.

I find it strange that igo changed the adapter for the 2nd device. I used the old one for my Tungsten.
    Wait a second -- do you mean the iGo tip needs *another* intervening adapter, ie, like another dongle? I can't just buy the A43 tip and be done?
    Igo sells a dual power adapter. My old dual power adapter that I used with my Tungsten had a barrel shaped connector on the end. The tip for the Treo 650 requries a slot shaped connector which is similar, but different than the connector on the power brick.

Here is the new dual power adapter that is needed for the Treo 650 tip
    http://www.igo.com/Product_Detail.as...=MOB+PS0229-10

If you already have the new version of the dual power adapter than you are all set. If you have the old one like me than you need to get a new adapter to go with the Teo 650 tip
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Thanks. I think I've got it covered -- iGo is a little annoying with all the bits and pieces you end up having to shell out for, but I must say, between being able to charge the laptop and Treo simultaneously AND the ability to pull out the charger and hook it into my car, it's pretty convenient.

Haven't seen the tip yet at any the Radio Shacks I've visited but I haven't lost the dongle yet.