1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to get a copy of this CD, I bought a Treo from someone used and I didnt get the CD. I want to update my 650 cause its runnin software version 1.03 and I need the CD to update it. Thanks
    I made a compressed file of the Sprint CD because someone else needed it, but it was almost 300 MB and I had no way to send it to them.
    Does anyone know if the CD is copy protected? People ask for this all the time.
    Someone else recommended to me last night to sign up as a Developer on the palmone website! it worked... after you sign up you will have to do a little searching on the website but the download it there! you can't get it unless you are a developer!

hope this helps! it did me!

Solomon
    I wrote this in another post...

I took "millerhifi" suggestion and I registered at Palmone's - Palm Developer site (for free) to get my CD off the internet .
    http://pluggedin.palmone.com/regac/pluggedin/login.jsp

After navigating a bit on the website- I found the "Palm Desktop for Treo 650 Device - PC " download section for Cingular. However, I was given two download options for the Cingular Palm Desktop, and I don't know which one to install?

palmOne_SDK_4_1_Treo_650_Desktop_PC_Cingular-BUS_09.zip
    or
    palmOne_SDK_4_1_Treo_650_Desktop_PC_Cingular-CON_13.zip
    both were 180MB a piece

What is the difference between the BUS_09 or the CON_13 versions (my guess is BUS-Business and CON-Consumer)? Do I install BUS or CON? Why does the Sprint version only has one Palm Desktop download?

palmOne_SDK_4_0_Treo_650_Desktop_PC_Sprint_02.zip

Sidenote-I could not use my default web browser Mozilla Firefox to download, I had to open Internet Explorer and then I was able to download.

I installed the "Cingular-CON_13.zip" version, and it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedInTheBar
    Sidenote-I could not use my default web browser Mozilla Firefox to download, I had to open Internet Explorer and then I was able to download.
    Kind of ironic that P1 would require you to use the browser of their competition.
    Someone should just make copies and put it in the Treo store since a lot of us are needing these CD's, whether because we bought one from someone without the original software or because we lost/damaged the original.
    I don't think P1 would like T|C making a profit off their product.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I hate to sound like a party pooper, but there are copyright issues to consider here folks. We just can't go around making copies of software, as entitled to them as we may feel. There are also export limitations on this type of technology. Not that Al-Qaeda is going to find the Palm Desktop useful, but its the law nonetheless.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Any ideas why P1 is holding the software a little "close to the vest"?

I can only guess they think even non-Treo owners might find it useful. But one would think that might inspire a few additional sales...

They could always use the ESN for verification to ensure only Treo 650 owners download it.
    I would guess there are external legal issues or commitments barring the release of a standalone PIM application for the PC.
    Yes. And the TreoStore idea doesnt have to be a profitable thing. They could just ask for shipping. And I am sure P1 understands the importance and clout this website has with its product, and wouldnt mind working things out with TC to stock such a product! I mean, we sell all of their other items for cheaper than their own site! Why not list something that is useful?
    Palm Desktop for Windows is available for download at their website, just not the version used for the Treo650. To be honest, it makes no sense to not make it available for download. So what if 1,000,000 non Palm users want to use Palm Desktop as their PIM without a Palm handheld??? It would just make the Palm Desktop more prevalent in the marketplace at little or no additional cost to them. What are they trying to do? Prevent a thief from stealing a Palm device and getting the software to use it? Its nuts. That's why Microsoft is going to rule the world. If they cant beat a company, they just make a competing product and give it away for free. That is why Outlook rules and Palm Desktop doesn't...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    So what happens if I sign up as a Palm Developer ? Is more expected of me? Am I permantly tracked? Am I gonna be bombarded w emails?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50
    So what happens if I sign up as a Palm Developer ? Is more expected of me? Am I permantly tracked? Am I gonna be bombarded w emails?
    Just give a spam email address. (A legit one, though. You should always have one of these to use.) I used my "spambox" Yahoo account for that. They just send a notice once a month about different stuff. Doesn't cost anything, and only takes 5-10 minutes to register.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Good look, Insertion! I will do that and bypass the eBay auction and the Sprint PCS store. I expect my 650 to arrive in a few days and want to be ready.

Now all I have to do is download, print, cut, and compose the manual, and I will be set!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    To be honest, it makes no sense to not make it available for download. So what if 1,000,000 non Palm users want to use Palm Desktop as their PIM without a Palm handheld???
    Legal sense and common sense are usually not compatible. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this was a legal thing, even if it makes absolutely no sense. But I am only speculating, I have no idea why they don't do this. For all I know this may be another side effect from their extreme lack of agility as a company.