Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My order was cancelled also. Its funny that you order a product and they charge you.....and then a few hours later you get canceled. So now the money I wanted to spend with ecost is in limbo until it gets credited back. This kinda twerks me because I thought this was such a great deal I would order another 100 bucks worth of stuff I wanted also.

I understand Ecost wanting to keep themselves from being raped on the price SNAFU. But, now I don't feel comfortable doing business with them again on any of their "Special Deals".
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by t1c52002
    Wow, I was going to post that too. I actually called and then said it was not a price error. In fact i just checked my order and it is marked shipped. There has to be a catch to this. I wonder if it is refurbished or so.
    hmm.. you should've gotten the name of that person you called.. righ tnow i don't know if anything is being shipped to me even tho the shipping date said 2005/04/05
    The orders are all canceled due to their mistake, again !

Guess it should be ErrorCost !
    Has anybody tried calling them and ask for a coupon or something to aliviate the frustation of the order cancelation?

Al
    I tried to contact the person that sent me the "pricing error" email, but she responded with the same message again. Therefore, I filed a complaint with the BBB. It depends on the state, but many states require that there be a compensation in a situation like this. Or that may just be when they over charge you on an item... In any case, I think that the should be more careful in their advertisements. They could just use this to lure people to their site through price search engines...
    Okay, so I called ecost to check on the status of it and the rep said that apparently I was one of the lucky ones whos order went thru. She mention that alot of people were able to get the deal. Interestingly enough, she said that they started getting orders for 75+ cards and that was when orders started to get cancel.

So in my case it looks like it has been delivered as I just checked fed ex tracking. Although before you get jealous, it seems like a stranger that I have no idea who it is signed for it. It would be just my luck to get the order at the great price and some schmuck steals it!!!
    Ok, so how is that that yours went through and mine didn't? I ordered mine like at 6 Pacific time.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Ok, so how is that that yours went through and mine didn't? I ordered mine like at 6 Pacific time.

Al

Well, I ordered it at about 2pm PST or so. That is probabely why.
    Also, I hate to say it, but i think your did not get filled cuz you ordered the car charger. I am assuming that the car charger put the order on back order and then they fixed the error and then canceled your order. I guess if you did not order the car charger it might of gone thru.
    Fuggers cancelled my order. I got two seperate cannd emails regarding the cancellation.
    So yes, I did recieve the cards. Brand new and unopen.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by t1c52002
    So yes, I did recieve the cards. Brand new and unopen.
    you got your cards? wow.. this sucks if i don't get the card
    if some people received their cards and some didn't we REALLY need to raise some hell against eCost....that's just dirty....
    Why's that dirty? They stopped it as soon as they realized there was a problem.
    False advertising. Even if it was their error, they should honor ALL the orders placed while that price was listed. Yes, they'll be taking a bath, but that will probably reinforce the idea of PROOFREADING!
    EXACTLY! They stopped it when they REALIZED they had a problem. After MANY of us placed orders....And they SHIPPED some of the orders and CANCELLED others....

THAT is what is dirty....
    What stinks for me is that they shipped my 2nd item while cancelling the SD card. They are also charging me shipping for the 2nd item. I don't want it now... they should have cancelled the WHOLE order.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobius314
    What stinks for me is that they shipped my 2nd item while cancelling the SD card. They are also charging me shipping for the 2nd item. I don't want it now... they should have cancelled the WHOLE order.

Looks like I can't complain any more...

"Thank you for contacting us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused you. We have refunded your credit card in the amount of $XX.XX for the product that shipped. Please keep the product as a token of our appreciation for being a valued customer."
    Quote Originally Posted by mobius314
    At least you'll get your 2nd item for free since you can just cancel the charge on your credit card. There's no way that they could fight the charge. You'll either get it free or they'll have to issue a call tag and pay for return shipping for the item.
    People make mistakes. Some people are lucky. If a soda machine were spitting out free Cokes, and between the time you started walking over to get some and the time you got there, they fixed it, yet didn't demand previous recipients to give their cokes back, that wouldn't be so bad.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast