1.    #1  
    from my beloved BB7100Tto the TREO 650. Although after paying my "geek tax" (spending hours with helpdesk to make my new toys work) my new motto was keep it simple, the huge SW library of the 650 was too attractive. Although I have to say that I really like the Email functionality of the BB and never had a problem. Because my IT department did not support me connecting directly to our Exchange server, I created a rule in outlook to forward my email to the RIM adress and received it from there. The smart thing was that when I created an email on the BB it did have my bussines email adres in the from field so when my customers replied I did receive it in my normal outlook email.

I have read the different email options/apps of the treo and would really like some advise from somebody in a similar situation. These seem to be my options:

1) Use the same system as with my BB now. Forward the email to my Tmobile, yahoo or Gmail address and use POP access. But does anybody know if I can influence the "send from" field with any of these providers?

2) Use snapper mail that has IMAP 4 access to exchange servers. How complicated is this without IT support. I am not completely IT illiterate and can find out names of the servers and so but am a little woried about VPN acces etc.

All help would be greatly appreciated. It seems the Treo has a very active user population which is always a big help.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    i also made the switch from 7100t to 650!
    Old Nokia - Nokia 3390 Sidekick 1 (black and white) - Sidekick Color - Treo 600 - Sidekick 2 - Blackberry 7100t - Treo 650 and razr black (best combo EVER) Iphone 8gb - Iphone 3G 16gb - BlackBerry Bold
    Are you sure your company doesn't support Activesync (by default, this feature is turned on in Exchange Server 2003)? If so, try that first with Versamail. If you have a GSM version, expect to run into some bugs until you get the new Versamail 3.0c which is now included in the Sprint 650.
    If you're on Sprint, use Biz Connect- its great. Verizon has equivalent sw. and I'd assume Cingular does too. All use desktop based redirectors to fwd mail. Sprint version is 'push'- email hits my Treo about 30 seconds after it gets to Outlook.
  5.    #5  
    Mmm No I am on T-mobile but redirector is what I basically use now with my BlackBerry. SO maybe I can continue to use this with the TREO although it is an expensive solution..

And maybe activesynch works out of the box, I will try. Am curious anyhow how I will receive emails over T-Mobile but should be possible as they carry the 600.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    You should forward from Outlook to a fastmail account, which you than sync online to the 650 via Chatter. This will give you a true push email experience-i am sure that you can configure the Sent mail settings in a manner consistent with your previou BB setup. Chatter is by far the optimal push email solution for the Treo - you will not be unhappy. I was a previous BB user like yourself and Chatter has become an indispenable tool.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Quote Originally Posted by muka1024
    Mmm No I am on T-mobile but redirector is what I basically use now with my BlackBerry. SO maybe I can continue to use this with the TREO although it is an expensive solution..

And maybe activesynch works out of the box, I will try. Am curious anyhow how I will receive emails over T-Mobile but should be possible as they carry the 600.
    Check out this link on T-Mobile's email:

http://www.t-mobile.com/services/email/overview.asp
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Also, since Chatter pushes the email from the server via IMAP, email arrives at your Treo simultaneously to Outlook, and sometimes before!