Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    i have been trying to get my emails to work and none of them seem to work except for the sprint one (i never use sprint's email) on my treo 650.i have tried for a week with no success. all of the online forums keep leading me in circles.

    when i use my school account, it doesnt allow me to check incoming messages. it keeps saying username not accepted. and it also does not receive incoming mails.


    when i try to use my corporate account it says
    553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list
    of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

    any help would be greatly appreciated

    thanks

    ricky
  2. #2  
    I say this with complete senserity - Versamail sucks. Spend the money, buy Snapper.

    Would anyone with a stronger feel for the english lanuage help me out on this one?
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model
    I say this with complete senserity - Versamail sucks. Spend the money, buy Snapper.
    Both of these problems sound like misconfigurations. Using snappermail won't solve the problem.

    Yes, Versamail sucks. I've spent 2 weeks learning the ins and outs of how badly it sucks, at least for IMAP mail. But blowing off every Versamail problem with "it sucks" isn't very useful.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chewychu
    when i use my school account, it doesnt allow me to check incoming messages. it keeps saying username not accepted. and it also does not receive incoming mails.
    Of course, if it doesn't recognize your username then it won't allow you to download the messages. You have a basic misconfiguration here -- find out what your username is. (it might be your entire e-mail address, or you may be required to use SSL to authenticate)

    when i try to use my corporate account it says
    553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
    Likewise, it says "I won't relay mail for you to that destination" probably because you aren't authenticated to the server. If you authenticate properly, it should allow you to relay mail.

    (IF you are can relay mail from that server -- are you sure that it is the right server to use for offsite mail relay? Talk to your IT department...)
  5. #5  
    jrhett - sorry for the short, uneducated post, but at this point, "it sucks" is about all the time I am willing to give to the program. But thank you for spending the time to help Chewy more then I

    ChewyChu - You may have heard this before, but search this forum a bit - you will find many threads detailing specific problems w/ Versamail, the results of those problems, and some possible resolutions.

    Though I do stick to my inital bit of advice - begin the search for a better program - Snapper Mail, Aileron, etc.
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  6. #6  
    Ricky - Welcome to the treocentral forums.
    Try a free 15day trial of Aileronmail and I think that's a best solution to your problems of fetching your corporate and personal emails. Aileronmail is a comprehensive mobile messaging solution that helps you maintain your professional and personal communication with your world at any time. Aileron Personal Access is an ideal solution for mobile users who can access their mailbox using Internet protocols like POP3 and IMAP4 with or without secure (SSL) interfaces. It also interfaces with portals like MSN / Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL.
    For faster and interactive support, feel free to reach us online at www.corsoft.com. We will be glad to help you.
    Tim K
  7. #7  
    TimK, I checked out the application and it looks very promising. Website looks professional too. However, I am concerned with having to provide my mailserver login information and password to your company to perform a simple trial. Can you tell me why this information is necessary and why I am being asked to provide it. As an IT professional, I don't need an automated engine/application to verify that the mailserver that I administrate is available and responding to the IMAP4 protocol, with an SSL wrapped port, on TCP 993.
  8. #8  
    Chewy,

    If you're able to get Sprint mail through VersaMail then VersaMail itself is working and your problem is definately a config issue regardless of opinion about whether VersaMail sucks of not. Don't be drawn into spending money on someone else's email program by that alone.

    Check to see if you can get the mail you're looking for from any other computer. It will take the same settings (username, server, SSL, etc.) that you'll need to put into VersaMail to get that mail on your Treo. If you can't get that to work either then you just need to talk to IT to ask them what settings are required.

    Keep in mind also that some sites don't allow outgoing mail through their servers if you aren't on their network, so even once you get mail reception working you may still have to enter the Sprint SMTP server info in that account to get outbound mail working.

    This is TOTALLY an issue with how the e-mail server is configed though and not something that you can make work easier by spending money on a different e-mail app for your Treo. Hope that helps.


    Ivory...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory
    Chewy,

    If you're able to get Sprint mail through VersaMail then VersaMail itself is working and your problem is definately a config issue regardless of opinion about whether VersaMail sucks of not. Don't be drawn into spending money on someone else's email program by that alone.

    Check to see if you can get the mail you're looking for from any other computer. It will take the same settings (username, server, SSL, etc.) that you'll need to put into VersaMail to get that mail on your Treo. If you can't get that to work either then you just need to talk to IT to ask them what settings are required.

    Keep in mind also that some sites don't allow outgoing mail through their servers if you aren't on their network, so even once you get mail reception working you may still have to enter the Sprint SMTP server info in that account to get outbound mail working.

    This is TOTALLY an issue with how the e-mail server is configed though and not something that you can make work easier by spending money on a different e-mail app for your Treo. Hope that helps.


    Ivory...
    Exactly what he said.... +1
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    TimK, I checked out the application and it looks very promising. Website looks professional too. However, I am concerned with having to provide my mailserver login information and password to your company to perform a simple trial. Can you tell me why this information is necessary and why I am being asked to provide it. As an IT professional, I don't need an automated engine/application to verify that the mailserver that I administrate is available and responding to the IMAP4 protocol, with an SSL wrapped port, on TCP 993.
    Thank you for your appreciation. Verification is intended to help users who are not sure about their mailbox access details. You can download the application and specify the mailbox profile directly on your handheld and start using it right away.

    P.S. The web interface is only for verification and the information specified is <b>NOT</b> recorded in any way. This only applies to Aileron Mail Personal Access, which is a hosted service based solution. For users that demand high security, Aileron Mail Enterprise Access provides end-to-end security WITHOUT demanding any gateway or association with us or any network carrier.
    Tim K
  11. #11  
    Understood, but it appears I still have to provide that information to proceed. And while the page clearly states the information is not recoded, I would be transmitting credentials over a plain-text medium, because the trial page is not SSL/HTTPS.

    I didn't realize the personal service was a hosted solution. That's a big stop-sign for me and possibly others, I don't see the need for an intermediary to query my mailservers and gather mail for me when the built-in clients can already successfully do that without having to disclose credentials to a 3rd party.

    However, thanks for your reply and additional information.

Posting Permissions