1.    #1  
    Outlook appointments have a field called "Organizer". This is the person who sets up the meeting and invites people, sets the location etc. I could have items on my calendar where I am just an attendee, or items for which I am the organizer (and can hence change the meeting time location etc.)

I notice that for meetings that I am just an attendee (not an organizer), the "organizer" information is maintained when I hotsync and open the meeting on the Treo 650. However, once I make a change on the Treo 650 and then Hotsync, the organiser information gets lost in the process. Outlook items treat like I'm the organizer for these meetings. That messes up the feature in Outlook where the actual organizer updates meetings, reschedules meetings etc.

I don't know if this is a problem with just Datebk5 or a more general "issue" with the Palm Outlook conduit. The problem ocurred when I edited the item in Palm's Calendar application as well.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Do other conduits (Chapura) perform better in maintaining this information between Outlook and the handheld?

Thanks.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Yes, I am seeing this, using Palm's default Calendar (not Datebk5) and it's driving me nuts. What version of Outlook do you see this with? I'm using Outlook 2003 SP1.
  3.    #3  
    Outlook 2000.

I suspect a problem with the Palm One conduit.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  4.    #4  
    Anyone using Chapura PocketMirror Standard XT seeing this loss of Meeting Organizer information when syncing changes with Outlook?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Palm calendar, Chapura PocketMirror Standard and Outlook 2003 SP1 does not seem to have this problem (assuming that editing the neeting name is enuf to cause it).
  6.    #6  
    Thank you.

Which version of PocketMirror are you using?

I got this e-mail from Chapura, ehich was interesting:
    ----------
    PocketMirror will not currently display attendee names in the handheld's
    Date Book from Outlook Calendar meetings.

With PocketMirror version 3.1.7 and higher, you can, however, have meetings with attendees flagged in the handheld. Outlook meetings (appointments with attendees) will be displayed in the handheld with "Mtg:" added to the front of the corresponding appointments. The purpose of this flag "Mtg:" is so you will know to edit these meetings ONLY in Outlook and not on the handheld. If changes are made to these meetings on the handheld, attendees will not be notified of the change. Also, the
    attendee list for the meeting will be lost in Outlook during synchronization if it is a recurring meeting.
    ------------
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    3.1.7.1 according to the settings tool. I'm sure that there is no mapping for the organizer (nor the attendees, for that matter), so it is not doing anything with that field in Outlook. I am using the flavor that came with the Treo 600. I assume that you have an upgraded version that you purchased?
  8.    #8  
    That explains it. Treo 650 is a whole different beast when it comes to Outlook conduits and Calander, Tasks, Contacts, and Memos.

Treo 650 comes with PalmOne's own Outlook conduit. I am considering purchasing the Chapura product if it maintains all the information when syncing and changing appointments between Outlook and handheld. At the present time, it is munging the Meeting Organizer information.

There is a version 3.1.10 of PocketMirror Standard XT for the newer Treo 650, Zire 72, Zire 31, T5, T3, E only. These have a different file structure for Calendar, Tasks etc. So, your experience may be different, as the data structure (and conduits) are different for Treo 600 and Treo 650.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I looked into this problem and here is what I think is happening. When you change the record on the handheld, the OL conduit wants to update the server record. However, through the MAPI interface, the meeting organizer field is read only hence it cannot be written. When the meeting is updated Outlook switches the organizer to you (or whomevers calendar you are syncing with)
  10.    #10  
    But this is a bug. Such synchronization worked just fine with the Chapura conduits included with the earlier PalmOne handhelds. It's the implementation (of the PIM applications and the P1 conduit) on the newer units (Treo 650, T3, T5 etc) that has the problems.

We should contact P1 and report this as a bug. Not being able to edit anything on the handheld with messing up the Outlook events is unacceptable.. especially as all this not documented!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    It is a bug, but remember, earlier handhelds didn't have the attendees or timezone for that matter associated with the meeting invites. So is the bug with Outlook or palmones OUtlook conduits?
  12.    #12  
    I think its a bug with the P1 conduit, especially if we find out that Chapura PM XT works correctly.

I haven't heard back from them.

Another appeal: Any Chapura PocketMirror Standard XT users out there?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    This is driving me crazy... has anybody found out if the Chapura product works better?
  14.    #14  
    I don't use Chapura, but based on discussions in another thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83452

it appears that Chapurs PocketMirror XT will not corrupt the Organizer info. But it won't transmit the meeting location or attendee information between Outlook and Treo either ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM