Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got mine. Fast transfer, great range, outstanding sound. Does yours do the following:

1. When pressing the multifunction button to end calls, no audible tone (like the motorola and scala) to confirm that call ended?

2. When press/hold multifunction button for 2 second to redial last number, I get a long beep in headset earpiece while 650 redials then the sound stops when phone call connects, but I can't hear anything in the headset! Just silence... and no sound in the 650. It's as though the headset thinks it has connected to the call, but no sound is transmitted. I have to de-select and re-select the headset icon on the 650 screen to get it to actually connect.

Thanks for any confirmation on these issues.
    I have never touched the headset during a call. I leave the Treo on the dasboard in the "cleavage" between two mounds (center air vents) and w/ the e-grips it doesn't move anywhere even during hard stops. I find it easier to call / answer from the Treo than the headset.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I have never touched the headset during a call. I leave the Treo on the dasboard in the "cleavage" between two mounds (center air vents) and w/ the e-grips it doesn't move anywhere even during hard stops. I find it easier to call / answer from the Treo than the headset.
    I need to try those egrips... they sound great! If you get a chance, would you mind trying the redial from headset (hold the multifunction button for two seconds until a beep occurs) to see if it works properly for you? If it does, then I'll know I need to start digging to find a fix...
    My redial functions normally.
    Next time I am in the car I will give it a whirl.....but then I won't be back for a week <g>.

When ya get the e-grips suggest you buy 2 (one gun metal blue / one solve rmaybe) . This qualifies you for the free 3rd "generic" set.
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    When press/hold multifunction button for 2 second to redial last number, I get a long beep in headset earpiece while 650 redials then the sound stops when phone call connects, but I can't hear anything in the headset! Just silence... and no sound in the 650. It's as though the headset thinks it has connected to the call, but no sound is transmitted.
    I have exactly the same problem with my Cardio Scala 500. So I gave up on redial and would just use the hand set to redial.

So maybe it is a Treo 650 problem and not the headset.

P.
    Just got mine. Fast transfer, great range, outstanding sound. Does yours do the following:

2. When press/hold multifunction button for 2 second to redial last number, I get a long beep in headset earpiece while 650 redials then the sound stops when phone call connects, but I can't hear anything in the headset! Just silence... and no sound in the 650. It's as though the headset thinks it has connected to the call, but no sound is transmitted. I have to de-select and re-select the headset icon on the 650 screen to get it to actually connect.

Thanks for any confirmation on these issues.
    This happens from time to time and I think it's always (from my experience) if you're redialing a number with extra digits, like voicemail. Pressing the button on the headset redials the number but then the phone doesn't transfer the call back to the headset, you have to do it manually.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    This happens from time to time and I think it's always (from my experience) if you're redialing a number with extra digits, like voicemail. Pressing the button on the headset redials the number but then the phone doesn't transfer the call back to the headset, you have to do it manually.
    I tried doing a redial with my own home number (10 digits) and it has the same problem. Others can actually hear me, however! So, the headset is sending my voice, but not sending received sound to the headset. It's very strange. I may try hard reseting my 650 and just pairing with the TWH, then see if the same problem occurs. If so, it's obviously a 650 issue and not unique to my headset.

Any TWH owners out there that have redial through the MF button working properly???
    I tried doing a redial with my own home number (10 digits) and it has the same problem. Others can actually hear me, however! So, the headset is sending my voice, but not sending received sound to the headset. It's very strange.
    Are you sure they're hearing your voice through the mic on the headset or are they hearing you because the mic on the phone is picking up your voice?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Redialing from the BT headset is a short push of the MFB (not long 2 second). Just click and it redials and always works.

I thought the only use of a long push was during a call you can use it to mute the phone.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjosh
    Redialing from the BT headset is a short push of the MFB (not long 2 second). Just click and it redials and always works.

I thought the only use of a long push was during a call you can use it to mute the phone.
    According to page 11 of the TWH manual it's "press and hold the multifunction button for 2 seconds until you hear a series of two tones."
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Are you sure they're hearing your voice through the mic on the headset or are they hearing you because the mic on the phone is picking up your voice?
    Good question... I'll have to check with the 650 further away from me.
    My HBH-660 does this from time to time too, usually preceeded by a very loud high tone. ... It sometimes even happens to me even when not using redial.

Looks like it's a 650 problem, not a specific headset problem.
  14.    #14  
    I just tried a hard reset to a native, out of the box 650. I then paired the TWH with the 650, and made a call. I then tried using the MF button to redial last number. Same results as above... call is initiated, but blank sound in the TWH earpiece. If I press cancel headset button, I can then hear the call in the 650 earpiece. If I press the TWH MF button for 2 seconds at that point, the call is then routed to the headset. So, there is no software compatibility problem. The only thing different about my 650 in that state from when the TWH was first released is the firmware to 1.08, which makes me suspicious that the firmware updater broke the redial function.

So, the question in my original post still stands... is there anyone with a TWH updated to firmware 1.08 that is able to redial by pressing the MF button for 2 seconds, per the instruction manual?
    So, the question in my original post still stands... is there anyone with a TWH updated to firmware 1.08 that is able to redial by pressing the MF button for 2 seconds, per the instruction manual?
    My answer still stand also. Yes I am able to use the headset as advertised with the 1.08 update
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    My answer still stand also. Yes I am able to use the headset as advertised with the 1.08 update
    Thanks for the confirmation with 1.08. I will probably exchange mine then because it seems to clearly be a defect with the TWH.
    Has anyone figured this feature out. I just got my TWH and redial also produces no sound. I've only heard one user say theirs worked. Many TWH and other BT headset users having same problem. Other than that...love the TWH!!
    Palm1 has opened a knowledge library on this...Solution ID: 38927. They are researching...no solution yet. Anyone else found one other than redialing from the 650?
    TWH + Cingular GSM phone delivers voice after hitting the multifunction key to redial the last number. I do sometimes have to fudge around with Bluetooth and the headset when calls to not get directed to the headset...happen infrequently but at the most inoportune times.

MM
    Cingular Treo 650 (Unlocked?!?)
    Firmware 01.51 Software Treo650-1.17-CNG H/W A
    Treo Wireless Headset - Apple Ti15 OSX 10.3.9
    Palm VII -> Motorola StarTAC -> Treo 600
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I had the same problem with my Sprint Treo 1.08 and the Bluespoon AX. The headset would initiate redial, but I could hear nothing on the headset.

I can't test anymore because I sent back the Bluespoon and ordered a Treo headset to try. Just too much static.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast