Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know the release date on the new T650 magnesium hard cases?
    Anyone know when this is supposed to be available?

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    I emailed them and they said this month
    Waiting ever so patiently here for this one...
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I emailed yesterday and they said it is not ready yet and they cannot give me an expected ship date. I asked "next week? next month?" No reply
    Does magnesium pose the same bluetooth-disabling feature as the Aluminum case? This thing (with the double hinges) could be customized more than a Honda Civic! And that matte black is sooo stealth!
    I also hope that it is more scratch-resistant than that beautiful aluminum case.
    magnesium is softer than aluminium. Obviously they are using an alloy, but I still think it will scratch easily. Im still interested to see how it comes out!
    I would guess that softer metal would allow for less of an interference with b/t!
    i have this case for the ipaq hx4700. i'll give you this- it doesn't interfere with bluetooth at all on my ipaq. however it does scratch and the latch is not overly sturdy. they are re-designing the cases that use magnesium to make them more scratch resistant. however- the case has saved my ipaq more than once, it offers excellent protection and it looks classy.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Yeah, I had the Aluminum case for my 600 and liked it. The hinges werent the best and the scratches annoyed me, but they only reminded me of how much I was protecting my investment! Does your iPaq case have the double hinges as well? If so, how does it work out?
    i just got an email back reguarding the mag case, asking 1) when will it be available? 2) will there be one for the 600?

the answer is that they will be available by the 1st of may and at the moment there are no plans for the 600 version

i would also like to know if anyone does get one... how bulky is it compared to the alum case?
    1st of May
    damn this case looks sexy!!
    it is a sexy case! if it is gonna scratch easier than aluminum, then i guess it wont stay that way for long. But I think the hinges should be worth the wait alone!
    Any updates on this?
    Here is a link:

Innopocket Magnesium Case
    I already have the aluminum case and I love it. The only issues is that it adds more weight and the silver color calls the attention of people. Another issue, is that I can't carry an extra SD card. So, it seems like this case might solve those issues.

The one I don't know is if they are going to make the hard key buttons hole bigger. If they do, then I'm getting one.

Al
    I emailed them a couple weeks ago, and they replied back "next month" which means May 2005, but no exact date.

I have the Innopocket aluminum case, and find the hinge to be loose. Actually, I ended up taking the top lid off, which was easy to do.

Now my Innopocket has no top lid, and I find this a compromised solution between having protection and having having a slimmer profile that better fits my pance pocket.

My question is how to go about ordering a magnesium case. The Innopocket website appears to be somewhere in Asia. I'm assuming they take PayPal or MasterCard?
    I recently ordered the aluminium one directly from their website. If I knew the magnisum one is coming out so soon I would've waited, my treo isn't even here yet! (damn purolator!)

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I emailed them a couple weeks ago, and they replied back "next month" which means May 2005, but no exact date.

I have the Innopocket aluminum case, and find the hinge to be loose. Actually, I ended up taking the top lid off, which was easy to do.

Now my Innopocket has no top lid, and I find this a compromised solution between having protection and having having a slimmer profile that better fits my pance pocket.

My question is how to go about ordering a magnesium case. The Innopocket website appears to be somewhere in Asia. I'm assuming they take PayPal or MasterCard?
    I too find the lid hinge to be loose, also the belt mount stub sticks out on the inside of the case. Is it like that for everybody? I also wasn't too happy about the finish, the aluminium finish is too rough and bumpy.

They take credit cards through a merchants account, the shopping cart is internet explorer only though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast