Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Some programs (like Directory Assistant) have phone numbers "hyperlinked" to allow tap dialing. But other programs (like Tasks, for example) do not seem to have this. I used to have a Kyocera 7135, which allowed highlighting of a phone number in any program/context and dialing by pressing the green (send) button.

Anybody aware of a program/hack that would allow this on the Treo 650? I have no knowledge of programming but it seems that a hack would not be so difficult to create. I would love to highlight a number and press the Phone button to directly dial the number.
    I know that there is a hack available from www.shsh.com called TkPHOS5Hk that does what you want, but I think it works only with TAKEphONE.
    It does only work with TakePhone
    There is MarknDial from PDAapps, but I don't know if it works with the Treo 650.
    Treoselectext

Great app inspired by a bounty right here on TC

GET IT!!

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=53530
    TST is an awesome app. It makes the process selecting/deleting/copying, etc text SO much better. And having the phone links work as well is just icing on the cake....
    Any problems with TST on the 650?
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipe
    None whatsoever. Also check the freeware treovavtext from ranosoft and especially Hi-launcher which is killer app
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Treoselectext

Great app inspired by a bounty right here on TC

GET IT!!

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=53530
    I tried it. I liked it. I bought it. Another thing Palm should have included by default but didn't, and the Palm developer community stepped up to the plate and delivered big time...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    None whatsoever. Also check the freeware treovavtext from ranosoft and especially Hi-launcher which is killer app
    Yahooing and Googling "treovavtext" come sup empty.
    My suggestion would be to use the freeware alternative "FieldPlus 2.2.3" It works exceptionally well on the Treo650/600. I think that Ransoft's Treo select test is actually a good utility (I purchased it and used it in the past). However, I have found that even though FieldPlus is freeware, it actually seems to do just about everything (and maybe more) that TST does. I should add that FieldPlus seems to do everything the original poster wanted.

Palmgear link to FieldPlus:
    http://tinyurl.com/4uelz
    sorry...

treoNavtext
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Yahooing and Googling "treovavtext" come sup empty.
    I think he meant TreoNaviText.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    My suggestion would be to use the freeware alternative "FieldPlus 2.2.3" It works exceptionally well on the Treo650/600. I think that Ransoft's Treo select test is actually a good utility (I purchased it and used it in the past). However, I have found that even though FieldPlus is freeware, it actually seems to do just about everything (and maybe more) that TST does. I should add that FieldPlus seems to do everything the original poster wanted.

Palmgear link to FieldPlus:
    http://tinyurl.com/4uelz
    I can't seem to get it to work. Nothing happens, no matter what I do. I'm sure I'm missing something very simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipe
    None...it works absolutely great. TST functionality should have been designed into PalmOS on the Treo in the first place but that would have inolved serious user and human factors testing of the Treo by P1 which they know nothing about. BTW, I keep many extra phone numbers in the Outlook item "note" section for Contacts, To Do's and calendar entries and use TST to dial the numbers all of the time. The PITA is that you have to go into "edit" mode on the note for the item to select and dial the number so it takes a few steps.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    I can't seem to get it to work. Nothing happens, no matter what I do. I'm sure I'm missing something very simple.
    Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do? FieldPlus is in your palm preferences if you want to change a setting (although I think everything should work by default). You just hold down the shift key and move the 5way to select a word, if you want to then take some action you keep the shift key held down and you (at the same time) hit the center button on the 5way. This will then pop up an action list of all the possible things you can do. This includes copying, editing, using the selection to automatically phone or e-mail etc. Hope this helps.

Also, I think one thing fieldplus does, that TST doesn't do, is it gives you the option of moving past words without selecting them (this is helpful if you are trying to move around while editing and you don't want to use the stylus). You would use the 5way and the "option" key to do this.
    ClipPro will also let you highlight and dial a number. It also lets you do many other things with selected text, such as copy/paste of more than 1kB, change capitalization, etc. I'm still trying it out myself but have found it very useful. It's from Pocket Science (great name).

-Jeff DLB
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
  18.    #18  
    Thanks for everyone's ideas. I actually have Field Plus but I didn't know that it would dial a number. For free, it's tough to beat. Still, though, it takes too many steps. I'm thinking something in which I can highlight and just press the phone button--this would be the most elegant solution. Can any of the other options do something like this or do they all require a few clicks like Field Plus?
    Do you use TAKEphONE? if not, why and if you do, use takephone-os-5-hack, it does exactly what you want...
    How do you get TST_trial.prc to load in 650? I copied off from SD and also installed via Hotsync. None shows up as a program in 650. It's like a ghost and doesn't even register in File Manager.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast