Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I've had my phone for little over a month and all the sudden it started powering off and back on whenever I'd try to place a call or recieve a call. After hours on the phone with customer service and having them ship me a new phone, I think I found the problem myself. I've installed all other 3rd party software back into my phone except verichat and have not had it power off once in 4 hours. It was doing it probably 30 times a day. If anyone knows if there's an update for verichat or another IM program that they are using that doesn't seem to have any conflict with the 650, please let me know.
  2. #2  
    I am running the latest version of verichat and I never had this problem.
  3.    #3  
    I am too. very frustrating because i think it's a good program
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by onionjoru
    I am too. very frustrating because i think it's a good program
    I've also never had this problem with Verichat and have been using ; you may wish to try installing it again. I suspect there was something else going on in your Treo, not Verichat.
  5. #5  
    What version are you using? I have 2.82 and it seems to be very stable.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  6. #6  
    I've been using Verichat since I've purchsed the 650 - no issues. I do have the most updated beta version. MVT may be onto something, check that first.
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  7. #7  
    I had these same issues with Verichat - though perhaps not as extreme as yours. I am trying Causerie now but haven't been testing it long enough (this round) to give you a clear thumbs up yet.

    Are you having the probs when you run Verichat in the background or just anytime it is installed? I find running most of the chat programs in the background has been the main source of problems, but not the only.

    Good luck - I would say check out Causerie. Worth the trial.

    http://www.mantragroup.com/causerie.htm
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    I am running the latest version of verichat and I never had this problem.

    Are you running Verichat in data mode or SMS mode?

    I use data mode without any issues whatsoever. Run in 24x7 on 2 MSN, 1 AIM and 1 Yahoo accounts. Also use Goodlink for my email.
  9. #9  
    Many problems with resets in SMS mode. I have given up using it because DATA mode seems to use too much power for me.
  10.    #10  
    I'm using 2.82 in data mode now. just reinstalled it and still happening. thanks for the responses though.
  11.    #11  
    thanks for the response. anytime I have it installed I'm having a problem. I tried the other one and got the same result. so it seems that any messaging service I can use may cause problems.
  12.    #12  
    what service are any of you using?? I have cingular. I wonder if it's something with that?
  13. #13  
    I am using Sprint (SMS resets constantly).
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by deer8
    I am using Sprint (SMS resets constantly).
    by chance are you a realtor running eKey software also?
  15. #15  
    i'm guessing there's a conflict between verichat and some other app you're running on the treo. a likely culprit would be another app that runs in the background.
  16. #16  
    Try Causerie,even it is a very good program.Just download its trail version at www.mantragroup.com and check for yourself.
  17. #17  
    I can't seem where on the Causerie site that it says how much it costs? Anyone else know?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by onionjoru
    I've had my phone for little over a month and all the sudden it started powering off and back on whenever I'd try to place a call or recieve a call. After hours on the phone with customer service and having them ship me a new phone, I think I found the problem myself. I've installed all other 3rd party software back into my phone except verichat and have not had it power off once in 4 hours. It was doing it probably 30 times a day. If anyone knows if there's an update for verichat or another IM program that they are using that doesn't seem to have any conflict with the 650, please let me know.

    I also had this problem... I did a hard reset on my 650 and loaded everything back on except Verichat and my phone has not rebooted since. I tried to contact Verichat, but no response.
  19. #19  
    With verichat, the 650 resets after a while.

Posting Permissions