1.    #1  
    Sprint was nice enough to exchange my wife's problematic 650 for a new one. Unfortunately she synced it before turning off the Handheld overwrites Desktop preference. Now both caledars are blank!!! And the deleted events do not show up in the Deleted folder. Is there anyway I can tell Outlook to revert to a previous sync in the log? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Micah
    Last edited by jcphcf73; 04/05/2005 at 03:29 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Any help would be appreciated. She lost a lot of information and I've tried looking on Palm's website for help. I can't believe there's not a way to get it back. Again, nothing appears in the Deleted folder from today's date.

Thanks,

Micah
    If she uses an excahnge 2000 server as her host, she may have a chance to recover deleted items. otherwise it is not good.

I would check on MSFT site for deleted items and see if they could help.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. I don't understand why they aren't showing up in the Deleted items folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcphcf73
    Thanks. I don't understand why they aren't showing up in the Deleted items folder?
    Cause it was replaced with the deleted items folder on the Treo would be my guess. Are you using BackupBuddy for the Treo or any PC backup software ?

I don't use "MS Lookout" but I keep both me mail and calendar on hard drives which get backed up nightly.
    make sure that there aren't now two calendars in outlook. I have had a new empty one created after a sync before.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Cause it was replaced with the deleted items folder on the Treo would be my guess. Are you using BackupBuddy for the Treo or any PC backup software ?

I don't use "MS Lookout" but I keep both me mail and calendar on hard drives which get backed up nightly.
    No backup software. This is a good example of why they are a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcphcf73
    No backup software. This is a good example of why they are a good idea.
    Yes, with a little HD partitioning and avoiding "default" settings, it's very easy to set up a backup to a networked machine of only a "data drive" which gets all your progam data as well as mail folders, and databases.
    Also, Outlook can be set to auto-backup its .PST file... a good idea whether or not you sync to it.
    Unfortunately you may be S.O.L. I've read about this happening quite a few times before and had this first happen to me when I set up my Palm M500 years ago. The information I got when I called Palm Tech support in a similar panic was that my hotsync must have been set for "Handheld overwrites Desktop" thus the empty palm overwrote my Outlook contacts file. This may sound like BS, but I have only had this happen one other time when I forgot to set the first hotsync to Desktop overwrites Handheld (3 palms, 1 Clie and a Treo650 later). I had a backup copy of my .PST file that time. The fact that this doesn't happen to everyone makes me think that it's kind of a bug. I know this doesn't help your current situation, but I hope it may help in the future.
    Did you make a copy of your backup folder, where you could retrieve the handheld calendar and then do another handheld overwrites desktop?
    A couple of other thoughts: check outlooks archive folder, and check your sync program for a folder of archived data.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    i think during the inital hotsync data also gets stored in the palm desktop even if you normally use outlook (at least thats the way it is on my computer)
    If you use a windows PC you could try going to an earlier restore point to see if that helps... ?
    earlier restore points DOES NOT restore data, it restores system settings only. My advice is to search your computer for *.pst files and also look for *DB.dbd files with creation date before the disaster date.
    Treoing & Loving it