1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I am using a Sony HBH-660 headset and have received complaints from callers. The callers say that they are hearing their voice in the form of an echo when speaking with me. I have found that lowering the call volume reduces/resolves this but at the cost of me being able to hear them. One theory is that the mic on the headset is picking up the sound from the speaker (its a streach I know). Anyway, I did a search and didnt find much on the subject. This is my first experiance with a BT headset and am wondering if this is common? I went with the Sony because I generally like their products and they are usually very well made and of high quality.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
    E44
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    I have found that lowering the call volume reduces/resolves this but at the cost of me being able to hear them. One theory is that the mic on the headset is picking up the sound from the speaker (its a streach I know). Anyway, I did a search and didnt find much on the subject.
    Look at the Treo Headwet thread or try a serach with the word 'echo" in it and you will pick up a few therads.

And your theory is by no means a stretch. The speaker in your hreadset is designed to push out sound. The mic on your headset is designed to pick up sound. The two are what 1/2 - 3/4" apart ? Sound will travel from the speaker to the mic and your callers WILL hear it.

A longer mic boom helps ..... adjusting call volume helps. After reading about all the users experiencing low speaker volumes, I started out w/ my Treo at level 6.....I dropped it to level 2 now and I find I actually can hear much more clearly.

ANother option, if possible, is to use a Jabra ear gel. Don't kno of they fir your Sony but one of the reasons I opted for the Treo Wireless Headset from PalmOne was that the gels fit ncely on the bugger and if this works for you, you have the option of using it. Personally, I don't need the ear gel and te TWH works fine at Volume Level 2. I get a very slight increase in volume with the gel however some have reported that "its eems 4 times louder".