1.    #1  
    For those of you who upgraded to 650 from a 600, how long did it take for mmplayer to send you another key? I sent a request on saturday and havent heard back.

now the news.

MMPLAYER is splitting into a basic and professional program when version 1.0 is released. Your lifetime free upgrade is for the basic version.

Read more.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    As you see from the feature list above, this actually means that 1.0 Base contains *less* features than the 0.2.14 you now have. That's of course a bit unfortunate but I hope you will understand. If there's some special feature you'll miss very much from 0.2.14, let's discuss it.
    No, I don't understand. Do these developers like to **** off their paying user base for fun? I could have downloaded MMPlayer off USENET, but I paid for it. Now they're pulling this crap.
    I have never seen a circumstance where features are removed from a product that you have a lifetime subscription for, and you have to pay to get them back.

I really don't understand what is going on with these organizations. I was less than happy with Kinoma's upgrade program when they went to v3.0. I though that MMplayer would be better. I think it is time to petition Pocket DVD Studio to start ripping into .3g2 format that the built-in media player can read. The built in media player may be pretty limited, but at least it is there, and paid for.
    could be do to piracy which is rampant and even occurs in these forums.
  5.    #5  
    i emailed pqdvd and asked if there was a posibility of getting other file formats to convert to.

if they keep the $15 for base, I wonder what they will chard or pro?

Base is fine with me, I wont be doing streaming.
    Felipe
    well i guess i wont be upgrading
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  7.    #7  
    pqdvd responded, they said try smart movie.
    Felipe
    I use SmartMovie along with SmartMovie Converter for the desktop. I encode with Pocket DVD and then run the encoded .avi file through SmartMovie Converter. The file size is drastically reduced and the audio/video has been in sync when I play the movie with SmartMovie on my T650.
    What a rip off. I finally bought MMPlayer not too long ago in part because of the promise of lifetime upgrades and the upgrade coming soon. Since when is a product with LESS features considered an "upgrade"?!! False advertising and fraudulent.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    If you're frustrated with this decision, go to the site, register, and vote in this poll.

http://www.mmplayer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1976

I'd say that option 2 is acceptable

I'm ok with the Base version, as long as it contains all the functions from 0.2.14.
    I'd like both option 1 and 2 (I also posted on their forum).. If I don't want the Pro version, I still want all the functionality I had with the old version. It's ridiculous to do it otherwise.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I think the important thing to note here is that Magnus is trying to listen and come up with a plan that will keep his base happy and him in the black.

This is not at all like some of the other upgrade horror stories I've read on these boards.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    I think the important thing to note here is that Magnus is trying to listen and come up with a plan that will keep his base happy and him in the black.

This is not at all like some of the other upgrade horror stories I've read on these boards.
    I agree... The fact that he even suggested that an upgrade would cost $5 seems pretty reasonable to me.

I think he better hurry though, because there is an open-source player in the works.