1.    #1  
    I used to have a decent list of both hacks and DAs (Desk Accessories) on my previous Palm (quite a long time ago), but since I got my 650 I've had little motivation to go look for them and have seen very few discussions here that even mention them.

If I recall correctly DAs don't work on T650 because of a change in the way it works, but what about Hacks? Which Hack Manager and Hacks do you use and why?

Ivory...
    YAHM (Yet Another Hack Manager) is the only I found that works with OS5.
  3.    #3  
    ahhhh... I'd wondered why the few hacks I'd heard read about always mentioned YAHM. I remember HackMaster/X-Master being more popular with most people. That explains why.

What hacks do you run with it?

Ivory...
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Good question.

Every hack I ran on my old Palm devices has become obsolete with the T600. (All of my hacks were related to the Kyocera/Palm III's awful backlight setup.)
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    YAHM only runs the hacks that are specifically written for OS5. Anyone know of a screen rotate hack that runs on OS5?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Not that many people have written OS5/YAHM hacks. I'm surprised, because it's very easy to do, thanks to Igor Nesterov (author of YAHM) who has made a very good SDK with examples, etc. It took me less than an hour to get my first hack working.

Personally, I take it as a sign that interest in the PalmOS platform is waning, but I hope I'm wrong.

BTW, there are small number of old-school hacks that can run under TealMaster. It's not a true hack manager, rather it "emulates" the hack environment to some degree using notifications, so only certain older hacks actually work.
  7.    #7  
    Well, I scanned through all the hacks on freewarepalm and the only one there that I'd consider installing at the moment is SmoothScroll Hack. It merely makes the screen scroll smoothly Up/Down instead of snap when paging in either direction. It can make it easier to see where you left off reading on a long page sometimes, but is purely cosmetic really.

I've heard that there is an Uninstall hack that works like Uninstall Manager, but so far have only been able to find the one that watches for removal of hacks themselves. That might be useful if it works well.

Most all of the hacks available seem to be for features which the Treo now already has or doesn't need. I don't think it's due to lack of Palm interest that there are few.

Ivory...
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWowe
    Not that many people have written OS5/YAHM hacks. I'm surprised, because it's very easy to do, thanks to Igor Nesterov (author of YAHM) who has made a very good SDK with examples, etc. It took me less than an hour to get my first hack working.
    care to share...
    and DA's do work on the 650.. i can't say that for all of them but i've tried one or two with hi-launcher and they seem to work.
    does treokeyhack work on tealmaster, it used to work with yahm but i cant get it to work with treokeyhack....?