1.    #1  
    Or is there a free app where I can just disable that dang thing? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    ledoff
    free
    palmgear
    look for "led off'

that being said, give butler a try. It's an alert manger an alarm clock a keyguard timing customizer and more.

it's only 7 or 8 bucks
    Butler is great. It can give you the ability to access your shortcuts from anywhere in your device. Definitely worth the asking price.
    I really like LEDOFF. It's free and gives you a lot of control over the LED operation. I have my LED shut off for In coverage and Out of coverage. Basically I got rid of that annoying flash when the Treo is just sitting there.

It might even save pennies a year on battery consumption.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I may be wrong but I believe led off is not "free" it's "donationware" meaning if you tried it, like and use it...cough up a couple of bucks.
  7.    #7  
    Dang Thanks! Ask and you shall receive. I'll have to admit no other smartphone has such a support group.
    I just want the darn LED off, so I have the "small version" of LED Off and it works very well.

I also bought Butler though because of the favorites/hotkey manager. Making your "favorites" keys work from anywhere, not just the phone app, is worth the price all by itself.
    I originally bought Butler because when we went to sleep and turned out the lights my wife complained that my Treo's high intensity blinking light made her feel like she was sleeping on a runway at O'Hare.

One of the most convenient features I find is using Butler as a morning wake up alarm clock that I don't have to reset each night. I can set my Monday alarm for a 5am wakeup, Tuesday-Friday at 6am, and Saturday/Sunday for 7am (walk the dog). This way I never have to remember to turn on the alarm each night and reset the wakeup time 3x/week to accomodate my schedule.
    Buy Butler. It rocks. I love it.
    Will butler or ledoff allow you to change led color when new messages arrive ?
    Quote Originally Posted by SerialCellBuyer
    I originally bought Butler because when we went to sleep and turned out the lights my wife complained that my Treo's high intensity blinking light made her feel like she was sleeping on a runway at O'Hare.
    TreoAlarm will turn the lights off for you at a set time by shutting the phon eoff (saves battery too)

Quote Originally Posted by SerialCellBuyer
    One of the most convenient features I find is using Butler as a morning wake up alarm clock that I don't have to reset each night. I can set my Monday alarm for a 5am wakeup, Tuesday-Friday at 6am, and Saturday/Sunday for 7am (walk the dog). This way I never have to remember to turn on the alarm each night and reset the wakeup time 3x/week to accomodate my schedule.
    TreoAlarm also does this....giving you up to 8 alarms , turning phone on and off and autodownloading weather info.

http://www.treoalarm.com/download.html

Butler adds more features but for the $12 price diffrence, I find TA's feature set more suitable.....that may change as I ask more from the devcie.
    I agree that TreoAlarm is a great product ad I use it in addition to Butler. I really only use Treoalarm for weather now that I have Butler. I do not want my phone to turn off at night in case I get any emergency calls. My primary reason for getting Butler was to change the green LED to orange to alert me if I missed a call or got a voicemail.

We all use Treos for so many diverse "micro-management" tasks that I doubt any two people who have added a few programs will find the features of any single program meeting their needs. I guess that's why we scour the forums looking for the perfect solutions to our indivdual needs.
    Question. Will LedOff and Butler conflict if both are managing various features of the LED?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Question. Will LedOff and Butler conflict if both are managing various features of the LED?
    I used to have both Butler and LedOff because if you set Butler to turn off the LED, then it didn't leave it on for some indications such as charging or no signal. so I had Butler "leave the LED alone", which meant that it had no effect on most indications such as charging. signal/no signal, but it still gave a flashing green for new messages, calendar alarms, etc. Then I had LedOff "really" control the LED by turning it off for all other indications except for charging, fully charged, and no signal.

With the new Butler 3.0, I have ditched LedOff because Butler now allows you to have a LED indicator for charging and fully charged (I decided that I could do without a "no signal" LED).

So the short answer is, I haven't used both to manage the same LED indications (not sure what would happen there), but both Butler and LedOff can be installed if they are managing different LED indications according to your needs/tastes.
    The new ROM updates also give you the option of turning off the blinking green service LED. There's really no need for LEDOff any more.