Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I have the same problem a lot of people are having-- with opening the datebook when syncing to my Outlook calendar. I've tried turning off "show calendar events", turning off the phone, then soft resetting. I even went through the process of setting the date forward and deleting old calendar events.

The complicating factor is that I'm using SyncMail from Intellisync to get mail from my corporate email server. When I remove that and do all of the above steps, I can sync my calendar. But obviously, I can't do that every time I want to sync, and NOT getting my corporate email is not an option.

Ideas?

Thanks for your help!
    Have you checked the Datebook data for corruption? Use the sbScan utility from Dataviz (the Datebook5 people).
    Here's what I do with dbScan. Let it run and if if finds any Deleted Records, press the menu key and select Remove All Deleted Records.

The deleted records tend to be the major source of my OLERR errors. Now I run dbScan prior to each HotSync and haven't run into this problem in a long time. Also, your screen will go white for a few seconds when you enter/exit the program. The length of time may be related to the size of your databases, but I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Have you checked the Datebook data for corruption? Use the sbScan utility from Dataviz (the Datebook5 people).
    dbScan (and DateBk5) are from Pimlico Software and you can find the utility here, http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I thought you guys had it. I ran dBScan, it found four "errors" and fixed them, and then I did a soft reset and tried to sync. (Show calendar events has been disabled on my phone for days now.)

Still no dice. Not desktop overwrite handheld, not vice versa, not synchronize, nothing. Same problem.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    i had the same problem and used filez to remove all databases associated with the OLERR, in my case the OLERR error was with tasks so i had to remove tododb and tasksdb-ptod and resync with desktop overrights handhandeld.

I think with the caladar the filez to remove are calandardb-pdat & caladarlocation...

Of course make sure to do a full backup with something like backupman in case this doesn't work for you.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Still failed, but now my calendar is gone. ha ha ha. (I know I can recover it by removing Intellisync and syncing.)

This problem is going to drive me crazy.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Removed Intellisync, and it worked perfectly as I suspected.

So my data is back, but now it seems I have to choose between syncing my calendar and getting work email. Not an acceptable choice. Does anyone know if there's a way to disable Intellisync/SyncMail while you synchronize the calendar without uninstalling it?
    I have the same problem and I am not using any other syncing conduits other than what came with the install CD. Everything worked fine until the 1.08 update. All other conduits work fine except Calendar.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I have the same problem and I am not using any other syncing conduits other than what came with the install CD. Everything worked fine until the 1.08 update. All other conduits work fine except Calendar.

Did you try the fix i suggestted above?
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Did you try the fix i suggestted above?

I did not read carefully enough and overlooked that one. I just now tried it and things seem to be okay now.

Thanks, I owe you one.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Hey guys who ride Harleys and have Treos need to stick together. I have a Sporty myself ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Hey guys who ride Harleys and have Treos need to stick together. I have a Sporty myself ;-)

thus the name ink883.
    I just deleted the Cal*db file and did a sync and everything was back to normal.