1. nix
    I am looking to buy the 650 for Sprint without a service plan. Does any company offer a rebate/price break on these? I think the best I have found so far is $569. In which case I'll stick with my 600 'til it dies.
    Do a search...this has been posted before. You can try ebay if you dont want to be locked into 2 year plan-just make sure the seller is reputable and the esn is clear.
    I haven't foun an on line deal to beat the Brick and Mortar "all carriers" store. I wouldn't do a 2 year committemnt and wa selaning towards a $500+ purchase but $325 for one year w/ AT&Tingular, I couldn't say no to that.
    Sometimes fry's has a promo where they offer a $50 rebate or giftcard to all buyers, effectively bringing the price down to $550. Else the best I've seen is $569 at sprintpcs online store. In both cases, the tax rate in your area may make just buying at $599 from the PalmOne store to be cheaper.

I'm actually in a similar boat (existing SPCS customer out of contract and want to renew to get $150 rebate). The best deals by far are at online stores such as Amazon that require you to activate a new line and can then get the Treo for $319 AR. But they do not appear to even sell phones without a new line of service.

One possibility I've been considering is going to a SPCS local store and seeing if I can negotiate a better price on the phone by showing all the online store prices and the competing prices from Cingular for new customers. My monthly plan amount will experience a substantial spike due to the addition of Vision and insurance with the Treo, so I would hope it's in their best interest to renew me as a customer. I'm hoping I could get them down to like $519 before the standard $150 rebate. Anyone think I can do that?

As far as ebay, the prices there are actually quite competitive. It looks like the phone goes for $500 without contract brand new. That makes little sense to me considering it is $600 everywhere in stores with a similar arrangement. Are people buying phones with a new contract for cheap and then selling those phones on eBay while switching their plan to an older phone they had around??? Anyhow, the caveats with stolen phones and no decent return/exchange policy from ebay make me hesitant to buy from there. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by victoras
    One possibility I've been considering is going to a SPCS local store and seeing if I can negotiate a better price on the phone by showing all the online store prices and the competing prices from Cingular for new customers.
    I walked on to a B&M (all carrier) with all that stuff in my pocket. Best deal I found on line was $349 (for a Cingular model) after rebates. Dude's 1st offer was $325, so I kept my mouth shut about all the on line offers....Sprint model was under $300. Both offers were with 1 year commitment rather than the on line requirement of 2 years.

BTW, I cancelled my existing account (long past commitment period) and opened new one to qualify as "new customer".
    I walked into Fry's two weeks ago, and the off the shelf price for a Sprint 650 was $550. (no coupons, no gift cards). Still haven't sent in my paperwork for the $150 rebate yet though, better get on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I walked on to a B&M (all carrier) with all that stuff in my pocket. Best deal I found on line was $349 (for a Cingular model) after rebates. Dude's 1st offer was $325, so I kept my mouth shut about all the on line offers....Sprint model was under $300. Both offers were with 1 year commitment rather than the on line requirement of 2 years.

BTW, I cancelled my existing account (long past commitment period) and opened new one to qualify as "new customer".
    Interesting info. Just out of curiosity: What was the B&M store? And how long did you have to cancel your account for in order to be considered a new customer? I always assumed there was no time limit, but others have stated anywhere from 30-90 days (for SPCS--might be different for Cingular). Did you lose your number then or port it out and back?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I am also looking to repalce my Treo 600 with a 650. I am a current Sprint customer very near my 18 month mark. But I haven't seen anything online cheaper than $419 at SprintPcs.com. This seems like way too much money for me. I would really like to get it to $319 somehow.
    I just bought one new from ebay for $300 without contract. They usual go for $400+, but if you approach sellers as soon as they are posted, you can sometimes get a good out of auction deal (i.e. make a one off bid of $300 and they close the auction) this way it can stay within the auction for protection.
    Cingular has a full page ad in today;s newspaper.....$399.

The SPrint is $319 here:

http://mytreo.net/forum?topic=8348.msg91722;topicseen

http://mytreo.net/store/section.php?...98aad110ffba83

Verizon $369
    Cingular $349
    Sprint $319

All after rebates. Sprint is $100 customer loyalty and $200 new customer (2 yr) rebate

B&M's around here still offer much better pricing, shorter committments and instructions how to "comply" with terms. To get new customer rebates, we canceled my account and had wife open new account. Then we switched them back after a month....making me the $59.99 user and her one of the 3 the $9.99 users.