1.    #1  
    Hi

There appears to be a bug in my OS software - when I try to change my Time Zone in Prefs/Date & Time, I click on the "Set Time Zone" box, and all I get is a blank rectangle that appears on the screen. By clicking inside the rectangle I can get different time zones to appear, but I cannot actually select a time zone.

I have tried a soft reset, and I would really like to avoid having to do a hard reset. Do I have any other options open to me to fix this?

Regards,
    Shaul
  2.    #2  
    I forgot to mention - I am using a Treo 600.
    Thanks,
    Shaul
    Why don't you "enable local network time' in preferences and let the carrier automactically adjust the time?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the idea - how do I do that? (I'm a bit of a newbie here... )
    Quote Originally Posted by shaulbehr
    Thanks for the idea - how do I do that? (I'm a bit of a newbie here... )
    Go to the main launcher by pressing the button that has a picture of a house-lower right of your keyboard ( the screen where where all of your apps are listed.
    Click on "Prefs" icon
    The far upper right of screen will give you a drop down menu -one choice will be "Date & Time"
    Then check "enable local network time"
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  6.    #6  
    OK, then I don't feel like such a dumb newbie anymore. My Treo 600 does not have such a checkbox under "Date & Time" preferences. Am I missing some kind of secret switch...?
    My carrier is Sprint. Perhaps your carrier doesn't offer that. It you're on Sprint then perhaps I didn't give you the right steps. Let me know.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    My carrier is Sprint. Perhaps your carrier doesn't offer that. It you're on Sprint then perhaps I didn't give you the right steps. Let me know.
    What difference does it make which carrier you're on? Isn't this software built in to the device?
    I bought my phone unlocked, and I'm using it on Orange in Israel. Though when I log into wireless mode it shows me an AT&T logo...
    Quote Originally Posted by shaulbehr
    What difference does it make which carrier you're on? Isn't this software built in to the device?
    I bought my phone unlocked, and I'm using it on Orange in Israel. Though when I log into wireless mode it shows me an AT&T logo...
    Each carrier determines what service features they will make available. I reviewed the steps I mentioned before and they are correct. If that choice is not displaying on your phone I can only conclude that either your carrier doesn't offer that feature or it's not available in your area.

LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  10.    #10  
    Each carrier determines what service features they will make available. I reviewed the steps I mentioned before and they are correct. If that choice is not displaying on your phone I can only conclude that either your carrier doesn't offer that feature or it's not available in your area.

LOL
    Shoot.
    I'm guessing that if I reinstall the firmware I'll be able to iron out this bug - but I wouldn't have the first idea where to start doing that. Do you have any idea?
    The firmware is specific to your carrier. You may want to check with them to determine if you have the lastest firmware and whether that would allow you to get what you want.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  12.    #12  
    The firmware is specific to your carrier. You may want to check with them to determine if you have the lastest firmware and whether that would allow you to get what you want.
    LOL
    OK, thanks for your help TT