1.    #1  
    Greetings All,

This is my first post to this forum. I have had my Treo 600 for about 2 weeks. I have it as part of my Job... I have been given the tastk of supporting the recently deployed group of about 25 Treo 600's at my company, which is a health care organization in Buffalo New York.

I have been tasked to find a program that will allow me to wipe out all the data on the Treo remotely if ever lost or stolen. The only one that I have come across is the mSafe program by Motion Apps.

I'm looking for feedback on this program. Most of the posts that I have found on this program are poor, but date back to early 2004 and I would assume to be out of date.

Thanks in advance for your help and advise!
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgraves
    Greetings All,

This is my first post to this forum. I have had my Treo 600 for about 2 weeks. I have it as part of my Job... I have been given the tastk of supporting the recently deployed group of about 25 Treo 600's at my company, which is a health care organization in Buffalo New York.

I have been tasked to find a program that will allow me to wipe out all the data on the Treo remotely if ever lost or stolen. The only one that I have come across is the mSafe program by Motion Apps.

I'm looking for feedback on this program. Most of the posts that I have found on this program are poor, but date back to early 2004 and I would assume to be out of date.

Thanks in advance for your help and advise!
    I use msafe for it's remote lock or wipe capability, have had it for a year or so no complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    I use msafe for it's remote lock or wipe capability, have had it for a year or so no complaints.
    How many times have you had to lock or wipe your Treo? I had it on my palm as well, but never used it, so I don't really know how well it works.
    I have owned it for years, and have never had to use it. It is nice to know that it's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    How many times have you had to lock or wipe your Treo? I had it on my palm as well, but never used it, so I don't really know how well it works.

I test it occasionally, works every time.
    I havent had to use MSafe yet, still I've tested it many times. It always works like a charm. It's good insurance, I figure.

Dunc
  7. amf
    I have A treo 650 with mSafe installed. I observed during testing that I need to first run Msafe for the "wireless mode" option to work (i.e., if I ran Msafe and then powers off the Treo, it locks. I then power on it again then after a few minutes I power it off again but it does not lock the device. I need to ran mSafe again then power off and it locks). Anyone with same experience? I use ver. 3.7. Thanks!
    Last edited by amf; 05/24/2005 at 08:05 AM.