1.    #1  
    Well, the DUN is pretty cool when I am connected ;-) Just for fun I would like to hear how long you have been connected using the DUN hack?

Myself, the longest I stayed connected was 4 minutes :-(

I am running a TREO 650 on the Cingular network using the cingular.wap number. I am running it through a Apple Powerbook G4. My bluetooth adapter is a 3COM PC Card Version 3.0. Also am using WhatRoute to ping Google so that I do not time out but doesn't seem to be working.

Enjoy, I look forward to hearing from you all!!!
    Using pdaNet, I connected as long as I wanted. But I only used it for one weekend, cause I don't usually need it. Does the BT DUN hack not work so well?
    9 inches
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    2.5 hours. including a 30 mile trip on the freeway
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    9 inches
    Impressive. Now we know why you are called Mr. Ed

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Jeff
    30 Feet via bluetooth.

Several Hours.
    I stayed connected for a couple of hours over the weekend. Some of that time I wasn't doing anything, but the connection stayed active. I've never had the connection fail after it was made, if that's what you're getting at.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    No problem, I earned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    Impressive. Now we know why you are called Mr. Ed

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    about 3 hours over pdanet.
    I drove down to jacksonville from NJ for the superbowl. I had a bluetooth DUN connection and a bluetooth GPS connection going the entire time in the car logging the trip. The DUN only disconnected like 3 or 4 times. It easily went a few 5 hour streaches.

What caused a big problem was when the laptop went into standby mode. When it came out i'd have to do a soft reset on the treo and a reboot on the laptop. After that happened a couple of time I disabled standby.

I was even playing world of warcraft for 40 minutes before the server kicked me. Needless to say, Sprint's coverage on i95 is phenominal. I was shocked how good DUN worked. The real challenge is going to see how good it works when I drive accross the country this summer.

-BT
    Was down in phoenix for a couple days and left the computer connected most of the time (with a charging cable). Only time I was disconnected was when I bumped the cable and PDAnet got confused. Probably the longest I was on was 7 hours, and since I was testing an internet poker client, probably pushed 500-600MB through there a day. Sprint+Treo650+PDAnet rocks.
    I think there maybe an inherent limit on the time spent using DUN via tmo's low cost $3.00 wap feature. I was only able to stay connected for exactly 59 minutes before getting disconnected by the third party. very interesting. I am using bluetooth dun on an unlocked gsm with os x.
    I've had a few 3 or 4 hour connections. Using my laptop in the car and such.
    This is probable the longest Ive ever stayed connected.. about 5 minutes now and counting. Ill keep my fingers crossed. Interesting thought about the Tzones though. Im using that same plan.
    I literally downloaded a os X combo udate over the xmas break. I was at my parents house and they didn't even have dial up service. it when from 9:00 PM thru 9:AM got the update and some other security and program updstes too.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Does anyone know an alternative to PDAnet for Mac users? I honestly cant get my DUN connection to last more than 5 minutes before the "other" side kicks me off.
  17.    #17  
    WOW... some of you have had soem great connection times!!! So why in the heck do I get disconnected after like 3 minutes? If anyone can come up with a solution that would give me the option of staying connected for more than 10 minutes, I would so consider you a god, and bow at your feet... LMAO!!! I just don't get why I can't stay connected for more than 3 minutes. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by nikihoi
    WOW... some of you have had soem great connection times!!! So why in the heck do I get disconnected after like 3 minutes? If anyone can come up with a solution that would give me the option of staying connected for more than 10 minutes, I would so consider you a god, and bow at your feet... LMAO!!! I just don't get why I can't stay connected for more than 3 minutes. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I guess nobody has a solution or any kind of suggestions for my situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by nikihoi
    I guess nobody has a solution or any kind of suggestions for my situation?
    Onpaws suggested turning off both header compression and "send PPP echo packets". Im on a Mac so I havnt tried messing with the connection settings. You might wanna give it a try tho.

If anyone else has an idea of how to stay on longer please share, we'd really appreciate it. nikihoi what data plan are you using by the way?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    Onpaws suggested turning off both header compression and "send PPP echo packets". Im on a Mac so I havnt tried messing with the connection settings. You might wanna give it a try tho.

If anyone else has an idea of how to stay on longer please share, we'd really appreciate it. nikihoi what data plan are you using by the way?
    I am using MediaBasic,