Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    We already know.
    Check the VZW/Sprint forum.
    .. you have to love that Bluetooth disclaimer.
    No ob/ex...? grrr. Even if I were a Verizon customer, I think I would use the Sprint phone.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWowe
    No ob/ex...? grrr. Even if I were a Verizon customer, I think I would use the Sprint phone.
    I am with you, why bother with Bluetooth for only headphones and a wireless sync.

I love Obex it so versital, it lets me install a single file w/o needing to do a full hotsync, or send a file from my treo w/o using e-mail or IR.
    My main issue would be the data plan cost. I have heard that it will be over 2.5 times what Sprint charges. If you have been holding out for a Verizon 650, I hope the CS is worth it (or you are under a long contract).
    What is the wireless sync they are talking about? Is that hotsyncing via bluetooth?
    In my case I am a current Verizon customer due to coverage issues - and my new employer will pay for my data and phone service so it doesn't make sense to continue to pay my old Verizon account and have a Sprint or Cingular business service. Consequently I am pretty much locked into Verizon as a provider.

My bigger issue is with all the bad reports on the 650 (resets and random locks?) I'm starting to think I'll just get a 600 which appears to be much more stable....
    Not to change the direction of this thread but...I think if you are careful on how you upgrade and what you put on the 650...its probably just as stable as the 600 overall (I get the occasional reset now and then). I still believe if you dont have a 600, then the 650 is the way to go (and you pretty much will pay the same price). My .02
    My 650 is super stable ( just knocked on a big piece of wood ). No resets at all in the last month.

Running:

Chatteremail
    Worldmate
    Docs To Go

Not a lot of third party apps but I have everything I need and stability to boot!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    What is the wireless sync they are talking about? Is that hotsyncing via bluetooth?
    Yes, at least for what i was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    My main issue would be the data plan cost. I have heard that it will be over 2.5 times what Sprint charges. If you have been holding out for a Verizon 650, I hope the CS is worth it (or you are under a long contract).

I've been waiting so long that now I'm not gonna get the darn thing. My contract is up in November and I'm just going to wait until then and hopefully the next generation from Sprint will be coming out.
    Lucky..they get the all silver...
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    As per my post about this 'official' announcement, WirelessSync is more like Verizon's version of a personal 'push' email, contacts and calendar solution. Not having tested it though I can't comment on how good/bad it is.

Cheers, W.
    Sigh..... I'm growing old and grey waiting for F)(*&)(*&ing tmobile to release their Treo 650.... if ever
    I think I'll be keeping my Verizonized Sprint 650 for a while....
    Yesssssssssss
    I'll give you the low down. There was once a Verizon phone called the Motorola v710. It was the then-uber-est phone available on the Verizon network, and the only bluetooth phone available from them at all. Only they released it to the anxiously awaiting Verizon customers crippled. They had removed OBEX file transfer profiles from the device. They always kept saying that it would be included later, in a patch, since the current implementation wasn't stable. Yeah, okay. Long story short, Verizon never released a patch. And now that they are promising a second bluetooth phone (The Treo 650 Verizon), their intentions are clear.

They never wished to offer a complete Bluetooth profile to their users. They disabled OBEX for one reason only: To siphon money from their users who now can only send/receive files via the Get It Now data services. They even had Motorola ship it without any Java MIDP support. The only applications you could use were the ones from them via Get It Now, bot the download and the application probably costing you a pretty penny.

Verizon users: Get a Sprint Treo and register it with Verizon while you still can. You won't have the Get It Now software that they use, but trust me, you'll be better off without it, and working bluetooth.

Noshtzy
    Nothing about EVDO in that ad.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    650 is not EVDO....so that makes sense.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast