Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Everytime my treo reboots I think to myself that maybe it's the last one. I think that maybe whatever it was that was bothering my treo at that time has been exorcised by the all mighty reboot and my phone will be stable forever.

Just today during lunch, I rebooted, I don't know why, but something was bothering my treo, and it rebooted. I should at least get a few days out of it now that THAT reboot is out of the way. But no, eventually I will reboot again, probably later today. Maybe i'll try and send a file over bluetooth, maybe i'll be answering a phone call, it doesn't matter...

Does anyone else daydream about a better time, perhaps in the not so distant future, where our devices work, free of reboots and bugs and we can consider the Treo 650 a reliable device? Something we can recommend to friends and family without crossing our fingers behind our back.

Sorry for the pointless post, but no one understand my pain better than you guys.
    I finally have mine where it has not rebooted in over a week. I have TomTom GPS on it, all the DOCS to go stuff, Ptunes and a host of other programs. The update seemed to of helped my multiple Versamail problems. Most of my opriginal problems came from 3rd party software glitches. Just remove all of those programs and you will be good to go. If you have to have some of them, download one at a time, wait a week, then download the next one if you haven't rebooted in that week. After a few weeks you will hopefully have a non-rebboting Treo.

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    When downloaded "Memory Info" I would check the status of my memory frequently. I always noticed when my "free chunks" would get around 2000kb I would get a reset soon after. My numbers would then rise back to 9000kb and 4900kb. Now I just backup and soft reset from Uninstall Manager occasionally to clean up my memory status and have had no random resets in weeks.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    When downloaded "Memory Info" I would check the status of my memory frequently. I always noticed when my "free chunks" would get around 2000kb I would get a reset soon after. My numbers would then rise back to 9000kb and 4900kb. Now I just backup and soft reset from Uninstall Manager occasionally to clean up my memory status and have had no random resets in weeks.

Isn't that like rebooting my Windows XP once a week for good measure.
    Reboots suck. And there is no if, ands, or boots about it. I love my treo but it is an abusive relationship. Sometimes she treats me REAL bad. I have to take a big deep breath with every program that I "try", close my eyes and pray she doesn't strike! Even clean she will Reboot just to prove to me who is in control. The sad thing is that I have given her the power. "if its that bad leave it alone". But I couldn't. She has me under a spell. So everyday I wait in agony for the one, two, maybe three times today that she will strike and softly break my heart. But I love her anyway... I know it is not her fault... she comes from a broken home in palm one... once divorced and then remarried to handspring. She just needs attention that I am willing to give right now. But when its over... a precedent has been set. I do not think I will settle for another relationship such as this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    Reboots suck. And there is no if, ands, or boots about it. I love my treo but it is an abusive relationship. Sometimes she treats me REAL bad. I have to take a big deep breath with every program that I "try", close my eyes and pray she doesn't strike! Even clean she will Reboot just to prove to me who is in control. The sad thing is that I have given her the power. "if its that bad leave it alone". But I couldn't. She has me under a spell. So everyday I wait in agony for the one, two, maybe three times today that she will strike and softly break my heart. But I love her anyway... I know it is not her fault... she comes from a broken home in palm one... once divorced and then remarried to handspring. She just needs attention that I am willing to give right now. But when its over... a precedent has been set. I do not think I will settle for another relationship such as this.
    that was awesome, thanks...
    Ahhhh...the good men are always taken!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Think about the execs at P1 using this device all day like us.
    Ring, answer...reset. Check mail...reset. Dial a call.....pause....dial. The engineers must be in fierce competition for rocks to hide under at P1. What do you suppose the exec's blood pressure is like when their 650s reset? I have to believe a fix is right around the corner, that or a lot of unemployed people.
    P1 Sucks
    And I feel your pain too... so frustrating to have such incredible hardware crippled by a lack of beta testing eh?

Well, voice your opinion on our petition... www.treo650update.com

Thanks for the support!
    Quote Originally Posted by treo650luvr
    Most of my opriginal problems came from 3rd party software glitches.
    This says it all.

The vast majority of T650 owners are not seeing problems like lots of reboots.

If you are having issues either you have a defective device or some 3rd party software conflicts.

I know it's easier to put all the blame on the "big P1", but maybe its those smaller 3rd party app makers you should be talking to.
  12. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I haven't had an unintentional reboot for a month - with the exception of DBscan when trying to scan a corrupt DB........
    Cheers

Charles
    Last night I just tried to sync my Media files (took a lot of party pics over the weekend) to the laptop and it took FOREVER then it crashed probably cuz it sucked all the power (next time I'll plug it in the charger).

Wouldn't have been a problem because when I FINALLY got it to hard reset I restored the device with Backupman, but I lost my pics -- again.

If someone knows a way to back up pics other than to the laptop, please let me know. p.s. I don't like auto saving them to the card cuz it takes too long.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    You guys need to run ##377 (if you are on sprint) to see what is causing reboots, it very well may not be a factory application.
    I am not sure if I totally buy into blaming 3rd party application for the frequent resets. My unit started doing resets straight out of the box with no additional software installed. Heck, phone service wasn't even activated yet...

Note, I am not discounting your experiences that your systems got more stable after removing some software. But somehow that can't be the whole story. It's an easy excuse for Palm to cover up some shortcomings in the software architecture or hardware.
    For instance, has anyone else noticed that resets seem to happen more frequently if plugged in to the charger? I had it sitting next to my laptop yesterday and it was in a constant hickup mode for the whole time...

Just 2 cents...
    Couldn't you just make a copy to the card instead of saving directly to the card? I use the free card from P1 exclusively for pics. My laptop's hard drive crashed and I had never taken the time to backup my 3rd baby's baby pics to a CD. I thought it was so great not to have to deal with film and development anymore, it never occurred to me something might happen. Now, I have all the pictures and video of my new baby on SD and treat it like gold. I'm trying to find a way to retrieve the pictures from the laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Couldn't you just make a copy to the card instead of saving directly to the card? I use the free card from P1 exclusively for pics. My laptop's hard drive crashed and I had never taken the time to backup my 3rd baby's baby pics to a CD. I thought it was so great not to have to deal with film and development anymore, it never occurred to me something might happen. Now, I have all the pictures and video of my new baby on SD and treat it like gold. I'm trying to find a way to retrieve the pictures from the laptop.
    Thanks Christina, that's an idea, though I would have to remember to do that. I thought syncing would save them and ironically, that's why I synced. Didn't think it would send me into reloop hell.

Now I have to go into backup on my HP laptop and try and see if they were saved.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    You guys need to run ##377 (if you are on sprint) to see what is causing reboots, it very well may not be a factory application.
    On my Treo it's #*377 and it reported:

"A reset was caused on 4/4/05 at 11:53 pm while running "<unknown application>"
    Fatal Exception"

Quote Originally Posted by treoweird
    I am not sure if I totally buy into blaming 3rd party application for the frequent resets. My unit started doing resets straight out of the box with no additional software installed. Heck, phone service wasn't even activated yet...

Note, I am not discounting your experiences that your systems got more stable after removing some software. But somehow that can't be the whole story. It's an easy excuse for Palm to cover up some shortcomings in the software architecture or hardware.
    For instance, has anyone else noticed that resets seem to happen more frequently if plugged in to the charger? I had it sitting next to my laptop yesterday and it was in a constant hickup mode for the whole time...

Just 2 cents...
    And issues like yours are not what the majority of Treo 650 owners are facing.

So you must have a defective device. See if you can get a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Thanks Christina, that's an idea, though I would have to remember to do that. I thought syncing would save them and ironically, that's why I synced. Didn't think it would send me into reloop hell.

Now I have to go into backup on my HP laptop and try and see if they were saved.
    I hope they're there...Good Luck! One of my favorite things about the Treo is being able to have a walking (and talking!) photo album OF my babies ON my baby!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast