Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Thanks Christina, that's an idea, though I would have to remember to do that. I thought syncing would save them and ironically, that's why I synced. Didn't think it would send me into reloop hell.

Now I have to go into backup on my HP laptop and try and see if they were saved.

I've already had an incident where i lost all my photos, and they were ON the card, but that's another story. Currently, what I do is I take photos to ram and when i get a chance I copy all/delete all to the card. Then I can just dump the contents of the card when I get a chance. This way if anything totally psycho happens to the treo, the card data will be safe.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    On my Treo it's #*377 and it reported:

"A reset was caused on 4/4/05 at 11:53 pm while running "<unknown application>"
    Fatal Exception"

This is the same message I have been getting each time my 650 reboots. The only 3rd party app added to my Treo is FILEZ. I loaded it to get rid of everyting else hoping to stop resets! I suspect BC. I do not get resets on weekends when my laptop is not logged onto BC. I use my 650 very little on weekends though. The major reason I bought a 650 was for using BC. I would hate to think BC won't work on the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    I hope they're there...Good Luck! One of my favorite things about the Treo is being able to have a walking (and talking!) photo album OF my babies ON my baby!
    Same here, it's just nice having loved one near.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeZ
    I've already had an incident where i lost all my photos, and they were ON the card, but that's another story. Currently, what I do is I take photos to ram and when i get a chance I copy all/delete all to the card. Then I can just dump the contents of the card when I get a chance. This way if anything totally psycho happens to the treo, the card data will be safe.
    Thanks, I guess I will have to do something to avoid this happening over again.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Its the memory... plain and simple...

One more time for darnella:

IT'S THE MEMORY
    happy at last 41/2 months with 5 defective treos and two 1.08 updatates with three to five resets a day.I have found the treo of my dreams 0 resets in two days went from 2 meg of memory to 10 great sound quality and now it does everything i hoped it would do.

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    Its the memory... plain and simple...

One more time for darnella:

IT'S THE MEMORY
    Then please do explain why there are so many of us T650 owners that do not have these reboot issues?

And why so many in healthcare find the device to be "invaluable"?

Tundycentral I know you enjoy trying to make personal attacks with your "darnella" slip of the finger and other junk. And I know given your website you have a vested interest in gathering anger against P1 for your own personal gain.

However the fact of the matter is that I am trying to help these folks that have problems. Not just run a "complain to P1 campaign".

If someone is seeing reboots when they first get their device and before it is even activated they have a defective device and should get a replacement.

You can cry all you want, but my T650 and most others are working just fine. Most people facing problems have found that they had S/W conflicts. You probably should get a replacement yourself if you are still having reboot problems.

Anyone facing reboots after installing software needs to wipe it clean via a hard reset, then slowly try adding apps one at a time over time until they can find the device that causes their reboots.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Anyone facing reboots after installing software needs to wipe it clean via a hard reset, then slowly try adding apps one at a time over time until they can find the device that causes their reboots.

Was that a freudian slip?
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeZ
    Was that a freudian slip?
    A mistake, not a freudian slip but I'll leave it that way for your amusement .

Meant to say "software", was thinking about defective devices and mistyped.
    Darnell: EXACTLY!!... you just hit it right on the head... seriously man.

It isn't specifically about reboots, it's a multitude of anomalies and a ton of really, really poor design that flies in the face of progress to and from the Treo 600... then there is the outright lie about BlueTooth, pick one.

Because it's the memory... problems, bugs whatever you want to call them, are completely, utterly random, in every way, from device to device... that's what's driving all the veterans on TreoCentral nucking futs. For the first time ever, here is a PalmPilot that has errors that no one can fix or explain consistently.

My friend, NO ONE owns a Treo 650 that does what it's supposed to do.... NO ONE.

There isn't a single solitairy soul on the face of the earth that has a Treo 650 that does what PalmOne said it would do.

Not one that does what it was manufactured to do,

Not one that does all that the pre-release PRPRPR $said$ $it$ $would$ $do$,

And not one unit that it ISN'T capable of doing ALL OF THIS PROPERLY with the right software installed tomorrow.

This petition isn't about whining... it's about creating more awareness.

And one more thing... and this is very important to me that you all understand this...

There are plenty of screaming liberals out there that rant and rave about "Corporate America" this and "Corporate America" that... I am not one of these flakey morons. I believe whole heartedly in Big companies... so it's not about that at all.

This is simply a matter of being blatantly lied to about a fairly expensive, high-tech product, I'm doing something about it, effective or not, right or wrong, I'm pushing forward.
    Last edited by tundycentral; 04/07/2005 at 08:49 PM.
    My friend, NO ONE owns a Treo 650 that does what it's supposed to do.... NO ONE.
    I beg to differ...

There isn't a single solitairy soul on the face of the earth that has a Treo 650 that does what PalmOne said it would do.
    Mine is doing all the things I want it to that they said it would.

Not one that does what it was manufactured to do
    I guess I'm lucky to have received one that was manufactured to be a PDA and a phone together in one package.

Perhaps yours doesn't do what YOU want it to do or the way YOU think it should do it, but that doesn't mean ALL users share your opinion. This whole issue is about as objective as saying Ford is better than Chevy, Apple is better than IBM, <your favorite gizmo> is better than <my favorite gizmo>...
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    With some few exceptions, everything works great on my treo 650.
    Exceptions:
    Spontaneous reset from time to time.
    No direct sync with yahoo anymore for contacts and calendar.
    Slow phone response after dialing.
    Slow connetion to internet (faster than 600)
    Not a real good carrying case for it yet.
    Tundycentral, allow me to repeat the question:

You have a vested interest in people remaining upset with P1. The more people you can get upset, the more people you can get to your site and gather their information via your own personal petition. Given you did not bother to use any of the freely avialble petition sites.

For you each person that gets their issues resolved is one less person to join your cause. So you have no interest in these people resolving their issues on their own IMHO. You have no interest in me helping someone resolve a software conflict or in them getting a replacement that works as I suggested. For you this is all about keeping a heated debate going in hopes you can keep some folks upset with P1.

My T650 works great for me and does all I've expected of it.

Your claims of the device not working as advertised have no foundation in fact for the majority of T650 owners who find the device does all we expected. Your statements are not representative of me and the majority of T650 owners.
    Quoted from darnell: Tundycentral, You have a vested interest in people remaining upset with P1"

Dear Darnell:

Your "statistics" that you routinely quote are completely baseless, you never have facts, figures (or any hard info at all for that matter) to back up your belief that most Treo 650 owners are happy with their purchases, and are having no problems.

I have absolutely no vested interest whatsoever in anyone being unhappy, you my friend "darnell" are delusional... how simple must I make this for you?

READ MY LIPS EVERYONE:

I want the Treo 650's issues resolved.
    I want (within reason) a fully functional Treo 650 that works as advertised.
    I want BT to work,
    I want voicedialing to work with BT,
    I want menu intuitiveness like the 600 had,
    I want the power of ALL the 3rd party vendors back in their hands,
    I want what everyone else wants...
    ... which is dozens and dozens of these issues, in both design flaws and "bugs" as you put it... to be resolved.

BUT THEY WON'T BE... and you already know why... because it's been brought up hundreds of times... heck I've posted it over a dozen times myself.

Because P1 will ultimately stick to their guns on this new "idiotic" memory platform and silently defend the anemic amount of memory it has and the bugs, crashes and you name it will roll on into eternity... so sad... so damned sad.

It's the memory guys.

And don't overlook the greed aspect... they want to sell their own rebranded BT headsets rather than make all the superb one's already out there compatible.... why else would there only be a total of 10 BT headsets supported, AND TWO OF THEM ARE THEIRS (one is labeled differently than the other)... bearing in mind that none of them are supported under voice dialing.

Tell me I'm wrong... g'head just say it... then I'll know for sure where you all stand... c'mon, just throw caution to the wind and say it.

"You have an alterior motive Tundy, you're a pain in the **** Tundy, here's a troll award Tundy (lol)... I love my Treo 650... it does everything I want it to do... I don't know what you're talking about.... (and don't forget to add) I'm in a deep state of denial over being BS'd by P1."

and "...it couldn't be true... because I don't want it to be true"

Am I getting through to you "darnell" or are you going to come back with another baseless "deeply optimistic darnell quote"?

I ask only this darnell, believe what you want, but stop leveling accusations at me and stop making the fatal assumption that everyone's prime motivation is the almighty dollar, will ya? I can see where your train of thought begins and ends... just don't project your "financial gutter mentality" into my earnest attempts to improve this potentially great piece of equipment.

Prove to the world, once and for all, that you're capable of some level of rational thought rather than the droning on of the "P1 Rah Rah shuffle"
    Tundycentral - With each person I help here your cries only get fainter and fainter...

Plenty of us recognize that many of the BT limitations were put there at the request of the wireless providers that sell the T650s.

And thinking that P1 is trying to corner the market on BT headsets is pretty silly also. That would only encorage people to use a competitor if no one had a choice of headsets. The whole feature would be a mute point in that case. My non-P1 BT headset works great!

I'm sure other compatibility issues will be resolved in time.

Keep on crying Tundycentral. So many people are happy with their T650 that they could care less about you. And yes you are trying to turn your cries into a profitable site for yourself. Which is why I offer people here some help to resolve issues they can fix themselves and you do nothing but cry.
    And tundycentral, I dare you to post a poll of your own that offers a "I'm happy with my T650" option. You know what the results will be.

I don't manufacture those result. People offer their feedback because they are happy with the T650.

You are simply upset because YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

If you really didn't like the T650 you would simply go use a different device. But instead you stick around to cry and try to gather people's information for your own desires. With your lame list of complaints!
    Last edited by darnell; 04/09/2005 at 12:47 PM.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

huh?... oh yeah you forgot "you want me on that wall.... you need me on that wall" lol
    "you want me on that wall.... you need me on that wall"
    Nope... and nope. My 650 is flawless for my needs.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    My 650 is perfect... never had a problem with it... never resets... sounds fine... and does everything I need and want it to do. I am surprised to see so many people moaning about it... I love it and I think it is an amazing piece to add to my collection of toys. Also, registered with P1 and I got a nice SD card for nothing... tons of software out there to add to and have fun with... Overall I am completely satisified...

Some of my friends have Sidekick2's and they drool when I pull my baby out... and when I pull this baby out anywhere, I get a ton of attention. Overall, I have to say, my Treo is awesome!!
    Well Mark, in the most basic terms... it's good when people are happy and they get what they want. Unfortunately, the list of items that I regularly post have not been addressed by PalmOne and the issues are real. These essential issues affect many if not most of us 650 owners.

Question: Whenever I post these very specific issues, why is it that rarely anyone on treocentral ever addresses the issues directly? The responses (not yours, obviously) are largely emotional and go off on tangents, pretty much never getting back to the original topic.

Bluetooth is a prime example. It had everything to do with my decision to sell my Treo 600 and Jabra adapter and move to the 650. BTW, The only real issue I had about the 600/Jabra combo was bulk. Unfortunately, I, like 90 plus percent of the rest of the Treo 650 purchasing world, didn't have knowledge of the gurus on this forum at that time.

I would like to say that I appreciate how candid, short and to the point and tolerant you've been in the past.
    Tundy,
    It's time to pack up and go. You are a one man show. The 101 invisible people that signed the petition are less than the proverbial drop in the bucket. P1 will do nothing. They will continue to release updates that fix issues and they will continue to work on the next Treo. Hopefully they stay in business long enough for that to happen.

I agree you have the "right" to have the page, and the right to complain, and the right to say what you want here. No problems there. I am just saying that it is not Winter anymore and it ain't snowing. P1 has made progress, the troops are more happy than not and you could probably do better spending your energy on something more productive.

Take Care.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast