1.    #1  
    I'm just curious,

Do any of you have to press the power button (or any button that brings the screen up) twice to get it to turn on? I do. If I use it, and the screen goes off, if I press one of the buttons it comes right up. But if it sits for a while, and I press one of the buttons, I have to press it twice.

This is my only annoyance with my Treo. Anyone else?
    I do ocassionally, it's when I don't press the power button correctly or hit another button by mistake thinking it was the power button.

I've found that the red power button and sometime the green phone button can bring the phone out of sleep mode.

Oh, wait I just re-read your message.

Are you talking about turning on the phone itself. The radio portion.

Yes, if the phone is in sleep mode meaning the screen is off or blanked. Yes you have to hit the power button once to wake up the palm which never turns off really (notice I said palm) and from a woken up palm then you have it and hold the power button to turn the phone on.

I guess this would bother you if you were turning the phone part of the Treo on and off all day.

I used to many years ago turn off my cellphone to help save the battery and really when no one knew to call me on the cellphone. I only turned it on when making an outgoing call. After that call, I would turn of the phone again.

If you are practicing that (which some people like to still do, no judgement call there) then yes you need to have the palm lit up so to say before shutting down the phone or turning it back on.

Does this help?
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054
    I do ocassionally, it's when I don't press the power button correctly or hit another button by mistake thinking it was the power button.

I've found that the red power button and sometime the green phone button can bring the phone out of sleep mode.

Oh, wait I just re-read your message.

Are you talking about turning on the phone itself. The radio portion.

Yes, if the phone is in sleep mode meaning the screen is off or blanked. Yes you have to hit the power button once to wake up the palm which never turns off really (notice I said palm) and from a woken up palm then you have it and hold the power button to turn the phone on.

I guess this would bother you if you were turning the phone part of the Treo on and off all day.

I used to many years ago turn off my cellphone to help save the battery and really when no one knew to call me on the cellphone. I only turned it on when making an outgoing call. After that call, I would turn of the phone again.

If you are practicing that (which some people like to still do, no judgement call there) then yes you need to have the palm lit up so to say before shutting down the phone or turning it back on.

Does this help?
    Hi. I meant the device in general, not the phone portion specifically.
    Try turning off your bluetooth and going through the same motion. You'll notice a marked difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Do any of you have to press the power button (or any button that brings the screen up) twice to get it to turn on?
    Yes, but not every time, and only since I started using ChatterEmail.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Yes. What truly annoys me about that specific issue's many implications, is that it's not even always twice. Sometimes it's once, sometimes it's twice, sometimes it's three times. And I have no freakin' clue why.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi
    Yes. What truly annoys me about that specific issue's many implications, is that it's not even always twice. Sometimes it's once, sometimes it's twice, sometimes it's three times. And I have no freakin' clue why.
    Listen to "treosome" (above). Turn your bluetooth off.
    Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it, but that's hardly a solution. I use bluetooth all day.
    The only time I've noticed problems turning my phone on (having to hit the power button multiple times because it appears unresponsive) is immediately after I've turned it off. I suspect that the OS is doing something on power down that is causing it to be unresponsive to button presses for a second or two. However if my Treo has been idle I do not see this behavior.

I have just accepted this behavior as part of Treo ownership.