Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Some guy downloaded it and says it works. No idea if this is real or not:

http://www.ethergy.com/blog/2005/03/...om-update.html

If anyone can get hold of it, post the update here!
    if that was real, someone on this forum (Treocentral) or Shadowmite's forum would have a hold of it.
    But there is no mention of it at both forums. So ?
  3.    #3  
    what, you think this is the center of the treo universe?????
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    what, you think this is the center of the treo universe?????
    of course not !
    but it says 23rd of March... if that man can get it, that means it has leaked. But we didn't see it yet... So ?
    Read his post... it's convoluted and contradicts itself three times.

The author is either confused or it's deliberately bogus.

There is no update currently.

Cheers.
    Its refering to the 1.15 FIRMWARE update for GSM phones. It's an update but not THE update. They have been giving this update in some stores around Singapore. The file is indeed available via http://quadis.gotdns.com/download/Treo650/PALM.zip

This is NOT the NVFS memory fix. Almost all users report a change in the firmware number and not much else. Some reporting that after the update it will reset a few times, then somehow become more stable. Personally, i will wait for the equivalent of the 1.08 Sprint update.

This update still lists Software: Treo650-1.06-ROW
    and NOT Treo650-1.08-ROW
    Once the GSM update does come if GSM Treo settings have the same Firmware and Software settings they mentioned then they may actually have it.

But I've never seen an update that required the use of an SD card. Makes it sound a bit suspect.
    The leaked patch from palmone required an SD card. I think this is the case when they are still in development stage.

That said... I don't think its out.
    I'm sure P1 is working on the patch and given Sprint's is out we know the GSM versions will not be far behind. Leaked or not it will probably be posted on P1s site soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    I'm sure P1 is working on the patch and given Sprint's is out we know the GSM versions will not be far behind. Leaked or not it will probably be posted on P1s site soon.

Let's hope it's not soon as defined in "geological" terms..
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie319
    isn't this a rom update ?
    if it is a real Treo 650 GSM rom update then w (or Shadowmite) can create custom roms for GSM Treos.
    am I wrong ?
    While I was on the phone with PalmOne today regarding my MMS issue, I lost control and started crying to the rep. He asked what was wrong and I said EVERYTHING! I have so many problems with my Treo and I can't take it anymore! I asked him when will the new firmware be released, when god when!? He said April. I reminded him of todays date and he said, well, then it should be soon... ::sigh::
    ahahaha
    that's funny
    soon...
    Curiosity got the better of me, so I downloaded this and looked though the files - it certainly looks a full ROM update. I have no idea what would happen if I tried this on my Cingular locked phone, so I think I'll skip trying that little experiment as it might:

a) Kill my device all together (probably not)
    b) Make mine an unlocked-GSM phone (probably not)
    c) Simple refuse to work because the existing ROM version is wrong for this updater (most likely).

If I had a tested, tried-and-true method of copying my existing ROM and restoring it I'd be really tempted to try this just to see what happens. However, I'll wait until the Cingular update is released.

The contents of the included ReadMe file are:

1) Backup your Treo data
    2) Extract palm.zip to a SD card
    3) Hard reset your Treo
    4) Insert the SD card to Treo and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the upgrade.

I did not insert the extra three spaces between "the" and "upgrade;" that's just the way it is in the ReadMe file. I did a simple copy and paste to put in in here. (edit: I forgot that extra spaces don't show up on this board. Oh well, you'll just have to take my word for it! )

It does appear that the entire contents of the ROM are included, with all files dated 2/4/2005, for what it's worth. That's except for the ReadMe file which is 12/23/2003.

FWIW, 872 ROM files included are though many of these are the files needed for the included 5 languages (DE, US, ES, FR and IT). A number of other files are included which I assume are all related to the firmware updater.
    Last edited by westronic; 04/04/2005 at 10:14 PM.
    I installed the 1.15 rom successfully on a Cingular Treo 650. No noticable problems so far. I can now use DUN without any trouble on my G4 Powerbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndprxguy
    I installed the 1.15 rom successfully on a Cingular Treo 650. No noticable problems so far. I can now use DUN without any trouble on my G4 Powerbook.
    Really? You went from 1.05 to 1.15?

This could have interesting consequences - like the inability to use the actual Cingular update when it is released.

Did you get a big jump in memory available?
    Quote Originally Posted by grndprxguy
    Did you install it yourself? I had my Firmware 01.15 and Software Treo-650-1.06-ROW installed by the PALM HK just the other day. I thought the problem with the resets/hang-ups was from the upgrade. The culprit was Verichat (after doing a hardware reset, following the step-by-step instructions from this thread, http://www.philmug.ph/viewthread.php?tid=5652). No reset/hang-ups since I removed Verichat.
    The upgrade just killed 2 cingular treo 650's beware
    Quote Originally Posted by Needatreo650
    The upgrade just killed 2 cingular treo 650's beware
    How did it killed it? Which Firmware and Software version are you referring to?
    ran the update from the ROM link on this site on my Cingular GSM phone. Worked perfectly. Version 1.15. Bluetooth DUN is enabled now. Gotta resync to see if it freed up any memory though. After that time for a custom ROM.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast