Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Quote Originally Posted by kennywest
    FWIU SnapperMail will not work in ROM...
    as long as you just put the snappermail.prc in the ROM, it does work
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    1.15 fixed my stability issues not the memory issue.

of course it still crashes / locks up every now and then, like the 600. its liveable with.

isn't it crazy that I'm prepared to put up with a $600 unreliable device??
    fwiw, i bought a 650 GSM in may (unlocked) - i've got 1.23 / 1.06 on mine and have not experienced any of the problems mentioned here...
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emuyshondt
    To see your ROM version, in the phone application (the number keypad), press Menu, then Options,-> Phone Info. It will give you all kinds of information:

Phone Number, IMEI number, HS SN (hardware serial number), SA Number, Firmware version, Software version and Hardware revision.

My unlocked version does not display the firmware version.

What gives?
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  4. agi
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer
    fwiw, i bought a 650 GSM in may (unlocked) - i've got 1.23 / 1.06 on mine and have not experienced any of the problems mentioned here...
    Was the v1.23 preloaded on the phone or you did the beta firmware upgrade/update?
    Quote Originally Posted by agi
    Was the v1.23 preloaded on the phone or you did the beta firmware upgrade/update?
    no, actually i got it from the sale's rep on a SD-card ... he claimed it was a big improvement over the preloaded version so i upgraded and haven't had any problems with it.
    still no unlocked gsm update? what in the hell gives?
    1 | 2
    What probably gives is they are still having some problems and don't want to release it 'till it works right.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    still no unlocked gsm update? what in the hell gives?
    Only a guess to add to the rumor mill. Lately there have been rumors about another Sprint update coming soon. These started about the time the GSM update release was predicted to be. Is it possible that the new GSM update includes features that are not on the CDMA phones yet and Sprint with all the clout they have told PalmOne to not release the GSM update until an equivalent Sprint update is available so as to preclude Sprint customers complaining about not having the same features.
    I've had it for about two months now upgrade will bring firmware upto 1.08. improvments are:

better memory management, better volume (not much but better), and bluetooth adjustments..should be out in a few weeks
    The Treo 650 GSM unbranded new firmware 1.28 will be released very soon (week(s)).
    Works perfectly!!!

Release notes:
    - Versamail 3.0C
    - Memory issue fixed -> more free space .... (still 21,4 MB free with clean Treo)
    - Updated MMS client
    - More carrier profiles
    - No more auto-resets...
    - Lot of bugfixes
    Last edited by darklord; 06/13/2005 at 06:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    My unlocked version does not display the firmware version.

What gives?
    Do you have the radio turned on? When it's off, several of the fields are blank.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678