Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    Now where did you hear that the 'official GSM UPDATE' will be released next week? Is there any truth to this?
    Level of authority seems low and that of scepticism high. I think is was intended to be tongue in cheek.

It seems likely that the first GSM version will come from Cingular several months after the Sprint release and be available for the PalmOne unlocked version only after that. This has less to do with availability or testing than with P1's intimate relation with Sprint. P1 is "Lucky Pierre;" it should not be hard to visualize where we are.
    Last edited by whmurray; 04/16/2005 at 03:55 PM.
    I havent read the whole thread but Palm (via cingular) did release the GSM ROM update to several corporate customers recently (including mine)...it does fix many things (we updated all of our 650s without any problems). The rep said it was going to be released to the public in the next couple weeks (take that for what its worth)
    I am a little confused with the GSM ROM thing. So if I understand this. even though I have 1.06 on my gsm phone. I can still modify the Ram and add and delete apps?
    thanks. sorry if this has been ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    I havent read the whole thread but Palm (via cingular) did release the GSM ROM update to several corporate customers recently (including mine)...it does fix many things (we updated all of our 650s without any problems).
    Thanks. That is good information, especially the part about "without any problems." Hope it fixes at least part of the memory problem, even at the cost of speed.

Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    The rep said it was going to be released to the public in the next couple weeks (take that for what its worth)
    That is how I will take it and I hope it happens. However, P1 teases, not to say they lie. They do it consistently and often. They do it us, they do it to the vendors, they do it through the vendors, and they take advantage of the sales people. It is bad enough that they led us around by the nose over availability. I do not intend to play their game over the fix. I will believe it when I see it.
    Anybody get DUN on this ROM to work on Cingular w/ Media Works? I tried these settings but it gives me an error:

user: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    password: CINGULAR1
    dial: *99***1#

Registering your computer on the network...
    Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated.
    What ROM do i use from shadowmites site?
    thanks
  7.    #127  
    Davisdog, is that the 1.15 update or the new supposed memory fix?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mistersleepy
    Anybody get DUN on this ROM to work on Cingular w/ Media Works? I tried these settings but it gives me an error:

user: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    password: CINGULAR1
    dial: *99***1#

Registering your computer on the network...
    Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated.
    I have been fighting this since I have been using DUN (without regard to any ROM updates). I have decided this is a computer side problem with the Bluetooth setup. On my laptop, I always error out with error 734 when I am at home or at the office. When I am hiding in the mountains it always works. The only difference I can discern is that at home or office there is another internet connection, wifi or network. The logging shows that not ony was the protocol terminated, but failed to start up at all. The only thing I can conclude is that it is using the same stack and if anything else is connected, it is unavailable and fails. Out in the mountains, there are no other connections, and it always works. Try unpluggin your ethernet and/or disconnecting your wifi and try again.
    for what it's worth:

My unlocked GSM phone came with 1.14/1.05. It was very unstable - reset at least once per day.

I flashed to 1.15/1.06 and the phone is working much better from a stability standpoint - it rarely resets now and is at a level of stability I can live with. I have noticed no other improvements in sound or otherwise.

Thanks to those who turned us on to this - it was a very easy to do procedure.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstroot
    for what it's worth:

My unlocked GSM phone came with 1.14/1.05. It was very unstable - reset at least once per day.

I flashed to 1.15/1.06 and the phone is working much better from a stability standpoint - it rarely resets now and is at a level of stability I can live with. I have noticed no other improvements in sound or otherwise.

Thanks to those who turned us on to this - it was a very easy to do procedure.
    Where does one see the ROM version?
    To see your ROM version, in the phone application (the number keypad), press Menu, then Options,-> Phone Info. It will give you all kinds of information:

Phone Number, IMEI number, HS SN (hardware serial number), SA Number, Firmware version, Software version and Hardware revision.
    Quote Originally Posted by emuyshondt
    To see your ROM version, in the phone application (the number keypad), press Menu, then Options,-> Phone Info. It will give you all kinds of information:

Phone Number, IMEI number, HS SN (hardware serial number), SA Number, Firmware version, Software version and Hardware revision.
    Thank you. Very helpful.
  13.    #133  
    i also find 1.15 much more stable.

I am also using GOODLINK who also brought out a recent upgrade.
    did u guys have to use tokenwrite or something similar to change the Version before applyiung the new rom? mine is at Firmware 01.04 ans software at Treo650-1.02-CNG
    and want to remove the Cingular stuff out as i am using it with tmobile.

have done this ROMS updates in the past with my SX56 and also on the treo 600 when i unlocked it... so am comfortable but wanted to be sure before i jump in... have had this baby for 3 days and have the reset;s issue. as all have stated 1.15 is more stable wanted to take a stab at that.
    I keep getting a MD5 Checksum error. Can anyone help
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    i also find 1.15 much more stable.

I am also using GOODLINK who also brought out a recent upgrade.
    Do I understand correctly that 1.15 fixes the stability issues but does not fix the file system issues?
    OK NOW I GOT all the apps i don't want in the ROM removed. I followed the instructions. but, I can't seem to get snappermail, agendus, callfilter, isilo in to the ROM. Can someone help?
  18.    #138  
    1.15 fixed my stability issues not the memory issue.

of course it still crashes / locks up every now and then, like the 600. its liveable with.

isn't it crazy that I'm prepared to put up with a $600 unreliable device??
    FWIU SnapperMail will not work in ROM...
    Kenny West
    www.palmgear.com
    Well it's 5/5 and that's when the rumored new ROM update would be out. Um...still waiting...
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast