Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I removed the extra language files and VersaMail and added Datebk5 and LauncherX.

I now have:

Using FileZ I see:

ROM Size: 14942208
    RAM Size: 17891238
    Free RAM: 15030272

Memory Info reports:

Storage Heap (Flash)
    Total Size: 23024KB
    Total Free: 14882KB

NVFS Cache (RAM)
    Total Size: 12031KB
    Total Free: 9196KB
    Largest Free Chunk: 9129KB

Dynamic Heap (RAM)
    5440KB
    4836KB
    4821KB

A nice improvement!
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    I'm sure P1 is working on the patch and given Sprint's is out we know the GSM versions will not be far behind. ......
    "Not far behind" is a relative term. GSM anything is usually months behind Sprint anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    "Not far behind" is a relative term. GSM anything is usually months behind Sprint anything.
    Yup.

Now a pre-release version of the patch has leaked. I think this makes it obvious that they are working on it. Now you can take your chances with the leaked non-official patch OR allow P1 to finish working on the patch and release a final version.

You know they are working on it.

If seeing the GSM version always get "2nds" makes you upset you can always switch to Sprint .
    Yup.

Now a pre-release version of the patch has leaked. I think this makes it obvious that they are working on it. Now you can take your chances with the leaked non-official patch OR allow P1 to finish working on the patch and release a final version.

You know they are working on it.

If seeing the GSM version always get "2nds" makes you upset you can always switch to Sprint .
    Are you referring to the rom update on this thread? The 1.06 rom update may have been leaked but this same update has been available in the Philippines since March 8. I was able to get a pre release of the 1.06 prior to the official one given via PalmOne's service. In Singapore, its been posted to have been available as a free upgrade to T650 owners. At first I thought you were referring to a pre 1.08 release. I kinda got excited... I just hope Palmone releases this soon or else Shadowmite just might beat them to it.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calico
    - Do not move the start.prc file to the launcher directory when copying the Update to SD card !
    - Do no full restore after the update (i got a soft-reset loop)

That's the way i was successful.....
    But remember ---> YOU DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK

Good luck
    Excause me!!....
    After I made a custom rom for myself....
    I had several times sucessful upgrade !!!....
    But, last time, I put a lot of utils in custom rom ....
    After upgrading, I get a soft-reset loop now !!
    So, would u please tell me how to resolv this problem ??

Best Regards,

Andy
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker00
    argh I can't get PocketTunes to run from ROM.
    Regarding PT.

Based upon some comments I've seen in the alt.binaries.warez.palm PT is VERY particular about its registration file. It would appear that PT creates a small file during the initial run with the registration flags. I'm thinking here that PT runs in ROM and doesn't find the file with the reg flags so it thinks it's running for the first time and must create the missing file. However it finds itself unable to write to the same memory space as it's parent file- so it craps out.

If this is the case then the solution is perhaps to install PT and register (or not if that's the case ) then extract both the .prc and the pdb (or whatever file it is) with the registration flags from the RAM onto your HD via an SD card. Then place both into the custom ROM file.

I could be wrong and in that case I'm sure your enforcer Bridges will come round looking to ***** slap my ignorant ***.
    ..........If seeing the GSM version always get "2nds" makes you upset you can always switch to Sprint .
    Sprint does not provide coverage where I need it but I take your point. I understand that it is P1's intention to move everyone to Sprint that can be moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    ... I just hope Palmone releases this soon or else Shadowmite just might beat them to it.
    P1 thinks of Shadowmite as the enemy. I wonder what side that puts us on.
    I am trying to build a customized ROM file, and want to erase RealPlayer, Versamail, WorldClock and QuickTour, but cannot not identify these applications within the "ace-palmos.zip" file while using shadowmite's Custom ROM Tool. Can anybody help me?
    You also need to get the PDF file at Shadowmites site that is in a sticky thread - it lists out all the files in the ROM image and indicates what many of them are. The only caution is that is for the Sprint ROM and the GSM ROM is slightly different.
    ...If seeing the GSM version always get "2nds" makes you upset you can always switch to Sprint .
    No way -- I'M not going back to being a Sprint beta tester. Almost alwaysm, the GSM version is more stable than the original SPrint release (beta2) and the last to the gate Verizon even more so.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    No way -- I'M not going back to being a Sprint beta tester. Almost alwaysm, the GSM version is more stable than the original SPrint release (beta2) and the last to the gate Verizon even more so.
    Good observation. My system is stable. Memory problem is still a pain but I can wait. Too much to learn, too easy to make a mistake.
    My Sprint T650 is stable too. All the issues some folks talk about really are foreign to me because I'm not having them at all.
    Thank you dstroot, that was very helpful. The file can be found here
    Jorge
  15.    #115  
    is that the 1.15 file or the leaked GSM full update file that Palm is supposed to release next week?
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    is that the 1.15 file or the leaked GSM full update file that Palm is supposed to release next week?
    I refer to a pdf file in shadowmite's site that describes the actual names of the files contained in ROM by the (Sprint) Treo 650. This is necessary if you want to make modifications to the 1.15 GSM update or next week's GSM full update using Shadowmite's Custom ROM tool.
    Do they(PalmOne) actually mention this or you heard this somewhere else? meaning Palmone releasing the GSM update
    Next week?
    Don't let me down.
    I've been waiting for so many next weeks. :P
    One more tease? Yours? P1's? It really gets old, you know.
    Now where did you hear that the 'official GSM UPDATE' will be released next week? Is there any truth to this?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast