Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Yes, but what I'm looking for is instructions from somebody who's successfully flashed their unit detailing what they did step by step
    1) Hotsync your Treo, do a Backup (best to SD card)
    2) Extract palm.zip to a SD card
    3) Hard reset your Treo
    4) Insert the SD card to Treo and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the upgrade
    5) Connect the Treo to charger (is needed to complete the update)
    6) Restore single files you need from the SD card (or later by hotsync)
    7) Save your sync directory on the PC
    8) Delete your actual sync user
    9) Hotsync your Treo (creates new user)
    10) Re-install all programs and data you had before
    11) Do all settings you need

- Do not move the start.prc file to the launcher directory when copying the Update to SD card !
    - Do no full restore after the update (i got a soft-reset loop)

That's the way i was successful.....
    But remember ---> YOU DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK

Good luck
    just place the ace-palmos.zip and ace-palmos.zip.md5 file back into the \DeviceCustomizer\Treo650.ROW folder on the SD card. Then just run the ROM update as usual.

Nope its CallFilter 1.2. I just use it bc I like that it saves the call log to the contact's note. Still waiting on 1.3 =(

Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    Hi,

I have the GSM rom 1.15 and Shadowmite's custom rom tool.
    I know that I have to edit the ace-palmos.zip file to modify it, but after that what ?
    What shall I do with the new (modified) ace-palmos.zip file ?

Shall I put it in the original rom zip and run the updater, or is there another process for this ?

can you please help me with this one ?

Thanks...
    I just ignored the ROM size displayed in Shadowmite's custom ROM tool. I used the size of original 1.15 ROM image (~18.5 mb) as the max amount of data to put on my custom ROM. My current custom ROM image contains 17.5 mb of data. The ROM size stated by the tool for this ROM is 7336034 of ~7130000. Basically just make sure the contents of your ace-palmos.zip file is less than 18 mb. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    Hi Tracker00, I got a question for you. I've tried to use the custom ROM tool to take out unnecessary language files and add some custom apps to the ROM file but have been wondering about one thing: the ROM size given after you hit the "build" button is 7130000. Does it mean I absolutely cannot exceed this size for my custom ROM? Since the tool was originally written for the Sprint Treo 650, the obvious question would be whether the GSM version has the same ROM size. Since you're one of the first here to have successfully created and flashed your custom ROM I'd like to hear your insights. Thanks!

KS
    Last edited by Tracker00; 04/06/2005 at 01:54 PM.
    Anybody else notice that the battery always reports 99% charge after the 1.06 update?

Any suggested fixes?
    Quote Originally Posted by borat
    Anybody else notice that the battery always reports 99% charge after the 1.06 update?

Any suggested fixes?
    Do you mean when you plugged in the charger and wait until the light reached GREEN...it still shows 99%?

Otherwise, it's still charging...it reaches 99% very fast..but that 1% to 100 will take a long time...

Also, when you unplug the charger, it'll drop to 99% right away or instantly.

Hope this help
    Tracker00 please help me install the ROM today when you get back to the apartment... oh btw did you find the GPS yet?...we kinda need it for Yosemite...
    No, i mean it ban be unplugged for hours and still be at 99%...
    No, please dont ask about personal stuff on online forums. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridges
    Tracker00 please help me install the ROM today when you get back to the apartment... oh btw did you find the GPS yet?...we kinda need it for Yosemite...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker00
    No, please dont ask about personal stuff on online forums. Thanks.
    We should always feel at home on forums...
  11. agi
    Would anyone please provide some links on how to edit that ace-palmos file (what to erase and all) for the GSM version?

Thank you so much

I erased all the language files (except of the EN ones) and now what? Do I add the files I want like SnapperMail, etc and zip it up then update using the directions above?

Is that it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker00
    I just ignored the ROM size displayed in Shadowmite's custom ROM tool. I used the size of original 1.15 ROM image (~18.5 mb) as the max amount of data to put on my custom ROM. My current custom ROM image contains 17.5 mb of data. The ROM size stated by the tool for this ROM is 7336034 of ~7130000. Basically just make sure the contents of your ace-palmos.zip file is less than 18 mb. Good luck.
    Thanks Tracker00. I also thought that it should be the unzipped total size that counts. I guess I'll play it safe and stay within 18MB. The custom ROM I made yesterday was just a bit over 14MB (zipped size below 7130000) so I can put plenty more.

KS
  13.    #93  
    when you have completed it, post up the slimmed down ROM you created as a zip file. We can call you ShadowOfShadowmite.
    I tried hard and made a maximum size rom after removing language files (other than Eng.), Versamail and RealPlayer.

I had to try many times. My first attempts was oversized roms. don't worry, the updater warns you if the size is too big to fit into flash rom. It doesn't first erase the rom (at least in my case)

This is what I've written about it on Shadowmite's forum:

Now I have following apps in ROM:
    Zlauncher
    Verichat
    Agendus
    Backubuddyvfs
    Worldmate
    LightNZip
    RescoViewer
    HappyDays
    CardExport2
    SnapperMail
    BDicty
    Zlib
    UninstallManager

I tried different combinations and the maximum size of ace-palmos.zip I can fit intop ROM is 8.206KB

I also created a minimal ROM removing languages other than English and removing RealPlayer, VersaMail, WorldClock
    it's size is 5.852KB
    Quote Originally Posted by borat
    No, i mean it ban be unplugged for hours and still be at 99%...
    maybe the battery consumption is improved with new firmware ?
    is there a feature like auto-dimming the LCD in new firmware ? (I remember someone with 1.08 sprint fw saying something like that)

My battery dropped to %93 after some BT and GPRS usage...
  16.    #96  
    with the maximum and minimum in ROM, what did it leave you in RAM?
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    with the maximum and minimum in ROM, what did it leave you in RAM?
    doesn't make any difference. ram is always the same:
    21.1MB free of 24.2MB

Why should it differ ?

after adding my other apps and data, free ram remains 12.3MB for me...
  18.    #98  
    so you used this as an opportunity to load the rom with programs that usually sit in RAM?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    doesn't make any difference. ram is always the same:
    21.1MB free of 24.2MB

Why should it differ ?

after adding my other apps and data, free ram remains 12.3MB for me...
    Hmmm....

Using FileZ I see:

ROM Size: 16056320
    RAM Size: 16777216
    Free RAM: 14053376

Memory Info, though, reports:

Storage Heap (Flash)
    Total Size: 23024KB
    Total Free: 13942KB

NVFS Cache (RAM)
    Total Size: 10943KB
    Total Free: 6422KB
    Largest Free Chunk: 6074KB

Dynamic Heap (RAM)
    5440KB
    4831KB
    4823KB

I have taken out the extra language files and put in the DateBk5.prc 764kb file.

So what is happening here? Total RAM is 16383 KB or about 16MB as reported by both FileZ and MemoryInfo.

It seems that part of the 24MB of RAM has been allocated to ROM somehow?? Is that even close to accurate?
    I didn't understand it all...
    I haven't got the memory info software that's why I can't make a comparison right now. But I don't believe any ram is allocated to rom...
    It may be more understandable if some ram is allocated to NVFS cache.
    Is it ? (allocated I mean)
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast