Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    you're right i dont know what issues this ROM fixes/causes or where it was leaked from. all i know is that it gave me extra memory, removed all the cingular branding, and allowed me to make custom roms. now i have 13.4mb of space free when prior to the custom rom i had 4.4. anyone can use it at their own risk as long as they know how to do this stuff.

anyhow, here's some screenshots. the first one shows apps in ROM and the second is just a shot of the version numbers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (72.1 KB, 525 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (74.1 KB, 460 views)
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I was also able to install this 1.15 ROW firmware on my Cingular-branded T650, but it was not a smooth process.

With some finagling and hacking, I was able update the ROM using the ROMUpdater application that is packaged with the "rogue" ZIP posted here.

I'm hoping that Shadowmite will improve the process, allowing all of us GSM boys to make custom ROMs with little to no effort...
  3.    #63  
    ok. I installed on my SD card. it ran first time. really simple.

so far, no difference to 1.14. for example, when I try to take full screen video my treo STILL either locks up or resets. I probably have a hardware issue. will give it 24 hours to see if it still randomly resets (usually does it 10x a day).

(just imagine if you spent $600 on a TV, and it kept switching off, and you had to reflash it, or reboot it, or spend 2 hrs a day desparately looking on a web forum for answers on how to get by. its ridiculous what we will put up with because our expectations were set higher and there simply isn't an alternative)
    Quit it Tracker....you are nothing but a nuisance to the Treocentral community, quit posting false information...because firmware is not reversable...like I said...it's no joke buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridges
    u dont know what u are talkinga bout tracker...stop messing with people in the forums...troll...u could really mess up someones phone with this information....

....some peoples kids....yeeesh
    ?? Are you trying to be funny? If you are, it's not appreciated - by me, at least. This sort of humor, if that's what it is, has gotten way out of hand on this board in the last week or two or so.

Bluetooth DUN does indeed seem to be enabled with this firmware upgrade. At least it shows up as an option you can turn "on" or "off." I don't use Bluetooth, so I can't say if it's truly working or not.
    Last edited by westronic; 04/05/2005 at 04:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Actually, the BT DUN is working, much better than the previous hack, in this firmware release (1.15 ROW). And when "Dial-up Networking" is enabled (set to "On"), the BT icon changes to a little computer w/ the BT symbol next to it.
    Quit it Tracker....you are nothing but a nuisance to the Treocentral community, quit posting false information...because firmware is not reversable...like I said...it's no joke buddy.
    Quite the contrary - his information is accurate. He also VERY clearly says to do this AT YOUR OWN RISK. It is, indeeed, pretty much irreversable and puts you in a unsupported state, I think, so that's additional risk. It may be possible that a trip to the Cingular store might reset back to Cingular firmware, I don't know.

Meantime, I'm really glad Tracker00 has been posting this information.
    The update worked on my Cingular Treo (CNB). Language could be changed
    afterwards. But if you do it and change the language, don't do a full restore
    from a Backupman backup --> my Treo was stuck in a soft reset loop.

It's not an easy way to update for all, but it seems to run correctly on my Treo.
    Relax guys....Tracker is my roomate...I was just messing with him.
    Relax guys....Tracker is my roomate...I was just messing with him.
    As I said earlier, this sort of juvenile humor has run its course around here. It's getting very tiresome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker00
    you're right i dont know what issues this ROM fixes/causes or where it was leaked from. all i know is that it gave me extra memory, removed all the cingular branding, and allowed me to make custom roms. now i have 13.4mb of space free when prior to the custom rom i had 4.4. anyone can use it at their own risk as long as they know how to do this stuff.

anyhow, here's some screenshots. the first one shows apps in ROM and the second is just a shot of the version numbers.

What launcher are you using?????
    Zlauncher with a Whitespirit skin
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    As I said earlier, this sort of juvenile humor has run its course around here. It's getting very tiresome.

Juvenile my good man...juvenile...

oh please...give me a break.

Anything I can do for you...sire?...Whilst you sit on your throne...and stare condescendingly upon us ..juvenile...brash peasants?

Just because you do not share the same sense of humor (I admit..this instance is probably only funny to me)..in fact..you seem like a very dry person...this does not mean..you should chime in...and act like the end all be all...

Besides...what I had stated is true...altering ROM is risky... and people need to be aware..that this ROM update is tricky...

....great...here comes the dry rebuttle...
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    so far, no difference to 1.14. for example, when I try to take full screen video my treo STILL either locks up or resets. I probably have a hardware issue. will give it 24 hours to see if it still randomly resets (usually does it 10x a day).
    I have tracked my constant resets down to the SIM card FIX, a piece of card cut to the shape of the sim and inserted behind the SIM its self stopped ALL RANDOM RESETS...might be worth a trial !
  15.    #75  
    what FIX is that? my phone resets all the time even when im not moving it around. I will try it to see.
    Well placing PT and ZL on the ROM worked. ZL works great. I dont think PT will run of the ROM though. Haven't checked the Cingular updater yet but I really dont mind having to run off the PalmOne ROM instead of the Cingular ROM.

Oh and I also lost memory using the original 1.15 ROM but that's only because of the extra language files it contains. After removing the language files I'm back to my normal amount of free memory.
    Hi,

I have the GSM rom 1.15 and Shadowmite's custom rom tool.
    I know that I have to edit the ace-palmos.zip file to modify it, but after that what ?
    What shall I do with the new (modified) ace-palmos.zip file ?

Shall I put it in the original rom zip and run the updater, or is there another process for this ?

can you please help me with this one ?

Thanks...

Can you use callfilter with Treo 650 ?
    I had tried it last week and could not make it run properly...
    is that a new release ?
    Hi Tracker00, I got a question for you. I've tried to use the custom ROM tool to take out unnecessary language files and add some custom apps to the ROM file but have been wondering about one thing: the ROM size given after you hit the "build" button is 7130000. Does it mean I absolutely cannot exceed this size for my custom ROM? Since the tool was originally written for the Sprint Treo 650, the obvious question would be whether the GSM version has the same ROM size. Since you're one of the first here to have successfully created and flashed your custom ROM I'd like to hear your insights. Thanks!

KS
    Yo tracker, et al,

Would you be willing to share a URL to your 1.06/1.15 updater rom, or provide very clear step by step directions for installing the .zip that was mentioned on this thread?

I upgraded following the instructions in readme.txt, seemed to go ok, but it bombed after the initial firmware update with "rom upgrade failed" and now my battery meter appears broken, so I'm guessing my upgrade wasn't fully completed (it shows firmware 1.15 and 1.06-ROW tho)... thanks
  20.    #80  
    ***** CHECK WHAT SHADOWMITE IS WORKING ON FOR GSM ROM UPDATE ****

http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=341

ITS HIS FORUM. lots going on there....
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast