1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, I'm proud to announce that as of Friday April 1, 2005 I became an official owner of the Treo 650. (THIS IS NO APRIL FOOLS EITHER!!!) Anyway i left work on Friday evening to go by the Sprint store and pick up the most beautiful device in the world. I just love to hold it in my hands and to look at it. Hopefully i'm not the only one who's obsessed over this thing.

Anyway just thought i'd give a brief review so far as to what i've noticed about it, etc... To start off, i have the Treo Side case. I love the case, it's actually smaller than i thought, speaking of this, the 650 is also smaller than i thought as well. So that was a good thing. Back to the case though, i love the horizontal fit because it's not as bulky. I don't even notice it while i'm walking or sitting down b/c it's not touching on anything. The ONLY problem i have with it is the fact that it can only be loaded one way. And i wear it on my right side. So when i have the ringer off, and it's set to vibrate, i have to be careful with putting it in the case, b/c it will slide the switch to the ring on position w/o me noticing it. So i just watch to make sure that as i'm loading it the ringer remains off. I may switch to the Covertec side case in time.

As far as the function of the phone itself, overall i'm pleased with it. However, i have noticed a couple of times since i've gotten it that if i perform an action (i.e. dialing a number and hitting the "dial" operation) that there is a significant delay. Almost like the phone freezes up for like 10-13 secs. And then it'll finally go ahead and perform the operation. Could anyone shed some light on this subject for me? As far as the update that just came out not too long ago, i plan on installing/downloading that while i'm at work today. Probably after lunch sometime so it'll give me some time to read some feedback. Will the update address this concern i just mentioned? And also is it pretty easy and straight forward to perform the update myself?

Lastly, i just have a quick question and that's regarding an alarm? I know that PalmOne didn't make a device that doesn't have an alarm feature on it. However, i can't seem to find it. The only thing i saw in the manual about an alarm is in regards to the Calendar. I want to use it as an alarm clock for in the mornings. So how would i accomplish this?

Sorry for the long thread but hopefully it'll be helpful to the next person and more importantly, someone will address my concerns and questions. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
    the alarm is in the world clock.. as far as the update your phone might already have the update installed since you said you just got it..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    You can use BigClock. It's freeware
    http://www.bigclock.de/
    Does big clock actually work with the new memory and not cause crashes?
    i recommend getting butler from palmgear.com - it has 6 alams you can set and a bunch of other features that are helpful in using the Treo
    I like bob's alarm best.........
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral

I don't know if cause crashes because I don't have a 650.
    It's one of the most downloaded software for Palm OS. I'am very happy with it.
  8.    #8  
    hey donric609...

I thought the same exact thing as far as it already having the update but it doesn't. I asked the guy while buying it about it and he said no. I also checked under the Phone Info. and it still has the current version (1.03) if i'm not mistaken. So if someone could go through the steps with me as far as performing this i would appreciate it. I'm just cautious and wanna make sure i do it right. I guess since i just got it, i don't have to worry about backing up anything or nothing to that effect correct? I should just be able to go ahead and start it. Is this correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by dhammond_man

Lastly, i just have a quick question and that's regarding an alarm? I know that PalmOne didn't make a device that doesn't have an alarm feature on it. However, i can't seem to find it. The only thing i saw in the manual about an alarm is in regards to the Calendar. I want to use it as an alarm clock for in the mornings. So how would i accomplish this?
    The "World Clock' alarm that comes with the Palm will wake you up tomorrow. But unless you reset it every nite it won't wake you up anymore. So I'd suggest TreoAlarm which you can use to wake you up, turn your phone on and off and download the weather forecast.

http://www.treoalarm.com/download.html
    Another vote for TreoAlarm. Great program and also works in ROM if you're into custom ROMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    for everyone except you.
  12.    #12  
    I have a question regarding the update for the Treo 650. How do i go about downloading the software/firmware to my treo? I don't have a memory card to put it on there. So would i just go to the website using the 650? What's the easiest way to achieve this? Thanks
    [QUOTE=dhammond_man]I have a question regarding the update for the Treo 650. How do i go about downloading the software/firmware to my treo? I don't have a memory card to put it on there. So would i just go to the website using the 650? What's the easiest way to achieve this? Thanks[/QUOTE since you dont have anything on it you should have more then 11mb's of memory so it should be really easy for you .. just go to the website and it gives you directions on how to update.. you shouldn't have a problem at all .. i was a little worried also about updating but it went smooth with no problems...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    the alarm in the calender work fine for me. set it for the time and day or set it to repeat.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  15.    #15  
    Hey guys i just installed TreoAlarm on my Treo 650, i was just curious as to know whether or not the Center button on the 5-way navigation is still usable? Because when i click on the app, down in the lower right-hand corner it has update and alarms. But i'm not able to click on them. I have to go into the Menu to actually update weather, etc...

Now that i'm on the weather page, how do i get back to the main thing of the app? In other words, how can i go back to the alarm? Because again, it won't let me highlight the Update and Alarms button in the lower right hand corner. Help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhammond_man
    Hey guys i just installed TreoAlarm on my Treo 650, i was just curious as to know whether or not the Center button on the 5-way navigation is still usable? Because when i click on the app, down in the lower right-hand corner it has update and alarms. But i'm not able to click on them. I have to go into the Menu to actually update weather, etc...

Now that i'm on the weather page, how do i get back to the main thing of the app? In other words, how can i go back to the alarm? Because again, it won't let me highlight the Update and Alarms button in the lower right hand corner. Help would be appreciated.
    'U' - update weather
    'A' - show alarms