1.    #1  
    Hi,

Is there a way to get a task from the To-Do List to fire an alarm or display a screen when I set a reminder for it on Outlook?

Thanks.
    What I do is make a calender entry and set an alarm there. My thinking is that if it requires an alarm then it's time sensitive. If it's time senitive, then it sould be on my calendar and not on me To-Do list.

LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    On your computer, you can drag and drop your task to/in the calendar and set a time for it.
  4.    #4  
    I know, but the thing is on Outlook the tasks fire an alarm without being calendar entries. Any way to do that on the Treo itself?
    On the 650 you can just go in the Details... for the task and set an alarm.
  6.    #6  
    too bad i have a 600! Any software that can do the job?
    DateBk5. Pretty bloated, but magnificent, replacement for Calendar, Tasks and Memo.
  8.    #8  
    Nice application, except i'm not planning on paying for it as I am still testing my Treo.
    The only bare-bones to-do app I've seen that has an alarm is ToDo2 http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=40712. It's cheap and the alarm functions work fine. But the trade off is that that navigation is different from the regular to-do app so it takes some getting used to.

I dumped it and went with Agendus because I needed a better contact management and task application. Good luck.
    By the way, why did you start a thread regarding to-do applications in the Communications forum?
    before getting the treo 600 i used a tungsten E Palm pilot. i could quickly defer my list of undone items due today to tomorrow or a subsequent day and the cursor would jump to the next item due that day. with the 600, if you bump one due date, the cursor goes to the very end of what can be a very long to do list making it necessary to scroll all the way back up to the top to bump the next item. has anyone figured out how to prevent this from happening. thanks john
    Quote Originally Posted by jskalet
    before getting the treo 600 i used a tungsten E Palm pilot. i could quickly defer my list of undone items due today to tomorrow or a subsequent day and the cursor would jump to the next item due that day. with the 600, if you bump one due date, the cursor goes to the very end of what can be a very long to do list making it necessary to scroll all the way back up to the top to bump the next item. has anyone figured out how to prevent this from happening. thanks john
    Instead of scrolling all the way back up to the top, just press the hard button mapped to your "to do" list and it will resort the list.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover