Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'm selling my old Treo600 and i want to wipe all my personal info from it.
    I already did a hard reset but I want to remove my phone # from the phone.
    Can someone tell me how to do this.
    Thanks
    Keith
    Have you deactivated the phone yet?
    If so, eactly where does your phone # appear?
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 04/04/2005 at 10:38 AM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Have you activated your account on another phone yet?

I don't know of a way to get your info off that phone without setting someone else up on it.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    The important question is...

Is it GSM or CDMA?
    If you can get the MSL for it, you can go in to the settings and change the number to all zeros I suppose. You can get the code by calling customer service, tell them you are having problems making calls/getting online etc. they will reprogram it. Alternately I suppose you could go into a store, tell them your situation, and see if they will do it for you. A call to customer service depends on whether the phone is still active I suppose.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    the phone is deactivated and i have activated the phone number on a new phone.
    It's sprint service, so CDMA.
    I guess what i'm looking for is the hash # to enter to get to the phone info screen.
    I'd rather not have to call sprint and talk to their phone jockey.
    Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by keith455
    the phone is deactivated and i have activated the phone number on a new phone.
    It's sprint service, so CDMA.
    I guess what i'm looking for is the hash # to enter to get to the phone info screen.
    I'd rather not have to call sprint and talk to their phone jockey.
    Keith
    ##786 Dial will give you the phone info. Does your number still appear there? If it does I'm not sure what you can do short of calling the phone jockeys. (Get Ready to Hold). I hate calling.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Well after about 15mins on hold i got what i needed.
    ##452720 will let you replace the phone number.
    Glad you worked it out and tks for the info.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    No, that number is the MSL (master subsidy lock) for your phone only. It will not work with anyone else's. That is the number used to program your phone, and they can't do it over the phone so they had to give it to you.

Glad you got your problem resolved, but the MSL you provided shouldn't work for anyone else out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalenvy
    No, that number is the MSL (master subsidy lock) for your phone only. It will not work with anyone else's. That is the number used to program your phone, and they can't do it over the phone so they had to give it to you.

Glad you got your problem resolved, but the MSL you provided shouldn't work for anyone else out there.
    Tks Tribalenvy,

Wasn't going to use it for anything anyway. My phone is good to go.
    tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I just didn't want anyone else to think it would work for them. You could pass on the MSL to the new owner. They might find a need to make use of it.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    ahhhh. i didn't know that. is this something that i should keep off of public sites?
    ahhhh. i didn't know that. is this something that i should keep off of public sites?
    There are times when a provider has to give out the MSL. They don't like to and hope the customer doesn't write it down or remember it. That number allows you to make changes on your phone that they are cautious of and can include your priority on the network as an example. We all start off with the same level of priority but that can be changed for law enforcement personnel. higher number = higher priority on the network. If I were to change mine ( I believe there is a federal law prohibiting this) to a higher number, I would be given priority access to the network when it is busy. Useful if you want to win a radio contest to the 9th caller I suppose

I don't imagine there's a problem posting that info, it just won't work for others.