1.    #1  
    Sorry to ask what may be a dumb question - but I have read hundreds of messages on the forums trying to find the answer without bothering anyone. Want to buy Treo 650 from ebay and all state the following:

(The picture shows it is a SPRINT phone)

INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE GIVEN AS TO HOW TO ACTIVATE WITH VERIZON. THE PHONE IS NEW, ONLY OPENED TO UNLOCK AND REPROGRAM. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE TO THOSE OF YOU COMPUTER AND TREO GURUS WHO ATTEMPT TO MANIPULATE, REFLASH, OR UPDATE ANY PART OR PORTION OF THE PHONE, SOFTWARE, OR SIGNAL.

THERE ARE NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES FOR THIS AUCTION ALL SALES ARE FINAL. LET ME REPEAT, THERE ARE NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES AND ALL SALES ARE FINAL BECAUSE OF THE HIGH PRICE OF THE AUCTION THIS ITEM DESCRIPTION WILL SERVE AS DOCUMENTATION SHOULD THERE BE ANY DISPUTES OR LEGAL PROCEEDINGS.

I cant do the store purchase since my Verizon accts are in the name of a person no longer available to sign contracts and I dont want to lose the numbers I use.

I need two 650s - okay - I would LIKE two 650s -

I don't leave the country so I don't have those issues.

I am sorry to ask such a basic question but I need help on this.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
    I have been using a "Verizonized" Treo 650 for about a 1.5 months now, and it works very well. There is a lot of discussion on the Internet as to how to do this. It is not impossible but I found it to be a finicky method and it might have been easier for me to just have purchased a phone that had already been converted.

If you want to review how the conversion is done, click on this link:

http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/028/

I can assure you that it does work, and the issues I have with the phone (random resets, etc.) are identical to issues that Sprint & Cingular customers are having. That being said, I still love my phone!

-Steve
    I too used a converted Sprint 650 on Verizon and have been for about 2 months now.
    I love it and have been customizing it further with custom roms too.