Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. gcs
    Hi,

Before the update, my 650 reset itself at least once a day. Since the update, I've had two resets, one in Verichat, and one hitting engadget.com in blazer.

My 650 experience feels more like my 600 did now (except with better screen/keyboard/bluetooth/etc)..

Very satisfied,
    George
    Much more stable for me. Not a single reset since the update. The only resets I got before was a "once in a blue moon" reset when working with versamail. So it hasn't been bad for me at all!
    Much better after 1.08 than before, however not perfect.

Outgoing voice quality much better
    Bluetooth earphone much better
    Program speed about the same
    Resets never happen since 1.08
    More memory after 1.08
    RealMedia sound volume much better though earphones after 1.08.

I'm pleased with the update but think there is still more to clean up. I would say the software went from C+ to B+ since the update.
    On mine, I didn't have a reset problem before the update; I still don't have one after the update. So everything's fine there.

It did break one third party application; Scrabble (from Handango?); it would very quickly lock up the 650, requiring a soft reset to get any response. A re-install of Scrabble fixed that.

My theory is that the NVFS changes to free up more memory in PIM applications affected the structure of some databases. Database converter programs were included for all standard applications. But third party databases (such as Scrabble's saved game / state database) might have problems.
    Never had any serious issues before the update...reset about once a week. After the reset, I now have better audio, more memory, and more reliable sprint data connection. Two thumbs up.
    Last edited by Rome; 04/04/2005 at 04:05 PM.
    I had no real problems before the upgrade, and none since. I had already applied the "unofficial sound patch," so I haven't noticed any significant improvement in sound quality. Nor do I have any problems with the speakerphone or earpiece volume.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I think Produce Her is right. The biggest reason to install the update is the voice quality. This is a huge improvement over 1.03. My girlfriend and I both have them. Before I installed the update on her phone I was never able to hear her in any kind of situation where there was a lot of background noise. Now there is no problem.
    you guys who cannot sync calendar, contacts, ect have corrupt data base. Only fix for this is to use filez to delete ALL contact/phonebook files from your treo. Then set hotsync to "desktop overwrites handheld". This is the ONLY fix. If you don't have the info on the desktop, then you are SOL & need to manually put everything onto desktop & do above steps. This will fix the problem GUARANTEED!! Same thing happened to me when I first got my Treo 650. And anyone who does NOT do the update is a fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    you guys who cannot sync calendar, contacts, ect have corrupt data base. Only fix for this is to use filez to delete ALL contact/phonebook files from your treo. Then set hotsync to "desktop overwrites handheld". This is the ONLY fix. If you don't have the info on the desktop, then you are SOL & need to manually put everything onto desktop & do above steps. This will fix the problem GUARANTEED!! Same thing happened to me when I first got my Treo 650. And anyone who does NOT do the update is a fool.
    But how do you know that the databases on the desktop aren't also corrupted somehow? How do you know for sure it is just the handheld databases?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12