1. paw
    I'm in St Louis for the final four. I bought a 512mb memory card for my kodak camera before I left town. Its filling up pretty fast.

I have a one gig mb memory card in my 650. can I swap that card to my camera? But, then when I get home and sync my camera to kodaks easy share, will it effect anything on the card for my 650?

Will it erase my treo apps?
    I usually let the device format the card before I start using it. I don't know if it is necessary, though. I can read my camera's SD card and my T650 SD card on my laptop.

Some experts can chime in, but I would think it would work. You might want to go back and delete the camera stuff after you finish.
    you can probably swap the card without problems. what will most likely happen is the pictures will be put in the dcim folder under a different naming scheme or a whole new folder completely. i use my sd card between my xp computer, treo, ipaq, and digital cameras (none kodak though) and i have no problems.
    the formatting on the card will matter, but the treo only supports FAT- and most likely if you can read the card on the treo, it will be read on the camera. windows mobile and xp support fat32 and that format is not always supported on cameras
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    you are correct Ken. The card can be moved back and forth with no problem. I have a 1gb card. kodak camera, nikon camera, and a treo 650 and I move the card between all of them and my pc with no problems.
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    Don't let the camera or the Treo format the card !!!!

(can the Treo even format the card?)

Files are put in different folders by different devices. You can share the card without any problems .. just don't allow any device to format the card!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Don't let the camera or the Treo format the card !!!!

(can the Treo even format the card?)

Files are put in different folders by different devices. You can share the card without any problems .. just don't allow any device to format the card!!
    First thing I did after inserting my card was let the Treo format it. . .

But I don't think you will need to, as I said. But it is the quickest way to erase it.
    correct- you need to format the card first- i suggested in the treo because it will be formatted FAT which is the lowest common denominator between most devices. do NOT format the card when you know there is data on it- as aprasad has stated
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)